Mercedes CLA Forum banner
21 - 40 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
The CAPMB-51 states this on compatibility:

"Compatible with Audio 20 systems in vehicles with a production date of 12/15 or later. Vehicles with a production date of 11/15 or earlier will need a firmware update at the dealership prior to using the CAPMB-51."

I've entered the engineering menu on my NTG 5.1 with no Carplay available and it actually shows you the Carplay and Andoid Auto stack versions installed plus it shows an item under Mirrorlink. Even when you plug and Android Auto enabled smartphone the supported protocol version shows on the Audio 20. But since it seems that displaying the Android Auto and Carplay itself is disabled nothing can be shown. I don't think there's a requirement for a firmware upgrade, it's just a variant coding question. Even having no GPS shouldn't result in impossibility of at least enabling and connecting a smartphone to Audio 20, but all 3 dealers I've asked to have stated that enabling that is just impossible aftermarket, and that I must stick to what I've got...

·
Registered
12,971 Posts
The CAPMB-51 states this on compatibility:

"Compatible with Audio 20 systems in vehicles with a production date of 12/15 or later. Vehicles with a production date of 11/15 or earlier will need a firmware update at the dealership prior to using the CAPMB-51."

I've entered the engineering menu on my NTG 5.1 with no Carplay available and it actually shows you the Carplay and Andoid Auto stack versions installed plus it shows an item under Mirrorlink. Even when you plug and Android Auto enabled smartphone the supported protocol version shows on the Audio 20. But since it seems that displaying the Android Auto and Carplay itself is disabled nothing can be shown. I don't think there's a requirement for a firmware upgrade, it's just a variant coding question. Even having no GPS shouldn't result in impossibility of at least enabling and connecting a smartphone to Audio 20, but all 3 dealers I've asked to have stated that enabling that is just impossible aftermarket, and that I must stick to what I've got...
Wait hold a cotton pickin headunit second ...
How did you get into your 5.1 engineering menu???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just hold hang up + # + 1 on the central console and the a menu will pop up. Please don't change any value or enable anything if you don't really know what you're doing, there are features like EMC test that should only be used for calibration/testing/certification.

·
Registered
12,971 Posts
Just hold hang up + # + 1 on the central console and the a menu will pop up. Please don't change any value or enable anything if you don't really know what you're doing, there are features like EMC test that should only be used for calibration/testing/certification.
Some of us are tweak nuts so its cool.
And you are sure yours is a 5.1? Do you have a single or 6 DVD head?
Cuz quite a few folks with >2015s were trying to get into the EM using the same ?#1 trick but no luck...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,

I've just registered because i saw this thread while were googling a way to retrofit carplay in my cla 2016 model.

How can I be sure that my comand model is the NTG5.1?
Does it comes mentioned anywere?

My MB shop doesn't know if it's possible to retrofit, they just haven't done any of this so far...

Appreciate all the help.
Best regards!

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Hi,

I've just registered because i saw this thread while were googling a way to retrofit carplay in my cla 2016 model.

How can I be sure that my comand model is the NTG5.1?
Does it comes mentioned anywere?

My MB shop doesn't know if it's possible to retrofit, they just haven't done any of this so far...

Appreciate all the help.
Best regards!

Just call your dealer service dept, and provide your VIN, they should have all that info on hand. If its NTG5.1, MB has the retrofit kit for it.

·
Registered
12,971 Posts
Roberto if you have the single dvd player and 12/2015 or later build date chances are you can do the accessory install directly or worse case your system may need a firmware update as well.
Hope it all works out!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Where you go for seeing CarPlay in your first picture ??

What happen when you plug your phone ? Seems like you have everything.
Hi,

That carplay option is in the information menu, it only gives info about Carplay.

I don't have everything, on the phone menu it only appears 3 option (Info / Telephone / Internet) just like on the video in the other thread before he plugs in that tool.

Technology Electronic device Vehicle Luxury vehicle Multimedia

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,

So, I've contact my MB dealer to find out my radio version...

They said that my radio version is the Audio 20 with NTG5.
Also said that they don't know any official update to retrofit carplay into my car, but I'm not totally convinced with their answer...

So, it seems I'll have to keep looking for answers in sites and forums...

21 - 40 of 118 Posts