Mercedes CLA Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I have the VS twin 5 spoke and I am already on the verge of grumbling every time I see a speck of stuff on them
But I tell ya the oem twin 5s were very easy to clean as they did not have terminal nooks just smooth transitions ... would have kept them if they did not weigh so much
Twin 5-spokes are definitely my absolute favorites, but after thinking about it for a while, I

1. Couldn’t find any proper ones besides a shitty pair of 400$/set replicas
2. Realized that my calipers are stock and the twin 5spoke accentuated the cool calipers which .... I don’t have.

Figured the Königs would be a perfect summer fit. Still, keeping my OEM 5-spokes for the winter. Cleaning them has been a breeze - I know with the aftermarkets I’m about to get, that def won’t be the case lol.

Do you only run on one all-season pair of rims now?

·
Registered
11,618 Posts
In my neck of the woods the temps are mostly 50~85F but ever so often it drops to 30 and goes up to 105. I have summer tires so I just avoid the really cold days

·
Registered
134 Posts
There's nothing wrong with replica rims, even unbranded ones. As long as you can get some testimonials from a reputed rim shop, I would say don't hesitate to go aftermarket. If you buy online, then YMMV. I forked over for OEM winter tires and rims for my MY15 CLA, and even with above average care, they discolored and one even bent with regular day to day driving. If I could do it again. I would have gone aftermarket and maybe even unbranded in a heartbeat.

A general note: In my history with Mercedes, I find that their OEM rims are pretty trash in general. You will likely have better luck with 18 inch wheels, but any larger will eventually get at least one crack or bend within a few years of ownership. If you spend time on a C-class forum, the general consensus is, get rim protection because you'll need it.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts