Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 CLA 250 4Matic. The vehicle came with a collision prevention assist feature that beeps and lights up on the dash when you approach a vehicle so quickly.
Two months later I had an illuminated star installed owed to me for my nitial purchase.
I never heard the attention assist beep or light up since.
Have I forfeited this feature for the illuminated star?

·
Registered
12,172 Posts
Was your original “star” emblem just the star itself or did it have a shiny dome cover over it?

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
....Have I forfeited this feature for the illuminated star?
Welcome to the CLA Forum cejones3510 :)
Probably, yes...
That location is reserved for your frontal radar according to my MB dealer, who would not install it for me...the collision prevention feature takes a safety priority. We will see if any other members feel differently.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the CLA Forum cejones3510 :)
Probably, yes...
That location is reserved for your frontal radar according to my MB dealer, who would not install it for me...the collision prevention feature takes a safety priority. We will see if any other members feel differently.
Thank you! Also, MB installed it.

·
Registered
12,172 Posts
Ok thats passive ... presume you still have the original star unit and its just an ornament no wires

They may have dislodged a fuse or messed up some wiring or partially unlocked a connector ...

One of our members posted a picture of the front bumper cover taken off the car and showed where the front collision sensor is on the inside

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a 2017 also and had the illuminated star installed after market (Amazon purchased and local place installed). Not sure if I have the same collision prevention assist features as yours but mine still beeps with red warning flashes. So I’m not sure where the sensor are located now that I think about it

·
Registered
12,172 Posts
Think it was lower right corner of the lower grill?
And its just one (off center) sensor it seems

1 - 8 of 8 Posts