Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

We are looking for any local member in the Austin, TX area that would be willing to stop by our facility (near N. Lamar & Braker) to test fit our turbo blanket prototype.

Process would take approx 30 minutes.

Anyone willing to help will be able to keep the installed turbo blanket.

Feel free to PM us if you are interested!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Hello,

We are looking for any local member in the Austin, TX area that would be willing to stop by our facility (near N. Lamar & Braker) to test fit our turbo blanket prototype.

Process would take approx 30 minutes.

Anyone willing to help will be able to keep the installed turbo blanket.

Feel free to PM us if you are interested!
Will you be looking at doing a blanket for the turbo without the factory heatshield?

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
im in corpus and don't have a 45 :cry:

·
Registered
178 Posts
whats it for?

·
Registered
219 Posts
So I tested this for PTP turbo. It fits over the factor heat shield or you can use it without the heat shield. It's used to keep the heat within the hot side of the turbo to help it spool up faster (there is a link to a universty study paper on their websight thst explains it). In addition, it helps keep the under hood temperature down. With this blanket installed I can touch the turbo and not burn my hand. It's still warm mid you but not scorching hot.
I cant really speak to much For the spool up but I can say that my under hood temp are cooler with it on vs. than with it off.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Cool, how much , please? where to buy?
C

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm needing something that will cover tbe whole turbo without the heatshield. Bracket broke on mine.
This should work for you. I can mount the blanket that is pictured in this thread without the factory sheild using the same mounting bolt location. You may need bigger fender washers though.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Cool, how much , please? where to buy?
C
Contact ptpturboblankets.com it looks they are still finalizing the design but hopefully it should be out soon. BTW, I am not affiliated with them at all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts