Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Lucky you

I think there is a secondary battery which plays part with the stop start system

Most likely needs changed for a new one

You can also turn it off via driving mode. If you use Individual driving mode it may be turned off. I have mine switched off on my Individual profile

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lucky you

I think there is a secondary battery which plays part with the stop start system

Most likely needs changed for a new one

You can also turn it off via driving mode. If you use Individual driving mode it may be turned off. I have mine switched off on my Individual profile
Ha ha ! Thanks for the info I will check that out

·
Registered
2016 CLA 250 2.0L 4matic
53 Posts
Sometimes it won't engage even when temps and voltage are good. I find that if you disengage the brake HOLD, creep forward an inch, and re-engage the HOLD mode, it will turn off the engine (something to do with the start/stop logic probably)

If that doesn't work, then I second the suggestion that it may be the secondary battery

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
The auto start stop system is a fairly intricate system, which it checks feedback from various wheel sensors, crankshaft sensor, engine temperature, battery voltage conditions, coolant temperature, and coordinates all of this with the Engine CPU. Hence, it does not mean when you come to a stop, the auto start stop function will activate and stop the engine.

The auto start stop function in my CLA sometimes will go for a week and not seem to be working much, and then this week , every time I come to a stop, it cuts off the engine. My wife's 2018 GLA is the same thing.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
it even checks inside temp to make sure the cabin doesn't become an oven!

·
Premium Member
13,123 Posts
guess state of charge is on the (l o n g) list of requirements for eco to engage
read that list long time ago if i find it will relay … just for fun

1 - 9 of 9 Posts