Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced failing their smog test after replacing the AUX Battery?

Three weeks ago I get a prompt from my 2016 CLA250 indicating that the Aux Battery has failed. I went to the dealership and got it replaced through my warranty. That went well and I went about my business. 2 weeks later I went to get the smog test since it is required here in Las Vegas area and the test returned as "Declined". The car's sensors have reset back to 0 and the test equipment could not get any reading. I talked to my service advisor and was adviced to drive the car for another 150-200 miles. I did accomplish the mileage and went back for my 2nd smog last Saturday. This time it came back as "Failure". It failed the Fuel System Monitor & the Oxygen Sensor. Again, I went back to the dealership and they advise me to drive the car in the streets for 25 minutes and then for another 10 minutes on the freeway. They noted that the fuel gauge should be below between 1/4 and 3/4 reading. I did that and returned to get it tested for the 3rd time. The result was the same failure on the 2 sensors mentioned. They advised me to drive the car for the next few days and get it tested again. The dealership offered to do the smog test for free since they failed to inform me after replacing the Aux Battery.

I have tried a total of 3x to get this car to pass and still failed. Any workaround and suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
9,962 Posts
since the errors identify the bad components get those replaced under warranty

all that driving around stuff is fooey except the cat should be fully heated so its working well though that should be a typical 20min drive

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
since the errors identify the bad components get those replaced under warranty
all that driving around stuff is fooey except the cat should be fully heated so its working well though that should be a typical 20min drive
My typical drive from house to work is between 10-15 minutes. Tonight I'm going to try driving longer after work. Otherwise, replacing parts would be my last solution.

·
Registered
9,962 Posts
The smog system is under warranty and the faults are clearly documented
Seems like a no brainer ... though hope the particular dealer doesnt do runarounds etc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts