Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just been informed from my dealership that there is a back order on the pan sunroof . This will push back the per orders from September till November. You can not opt for this option and still get the September delivery. Is it worth waiting for?

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
I have just been informed from my dealership that there is a back order on the pan sunroof . This will push back the per orders from September till November. You can not opt for this option and still get the September delivery. Is it worth waiting for?
Do you want a sunroof or not? Are you or a family member going to lose a body part if your order gets pushed to October or November? Get the car you want and don't be foolish. It's worth the wait if you want it. It's not an option you can easily add after delivery.

-Eric

·
Registered
495 Posts
I honestly believe that the sunroof should have been a standard option, but not the panoramic sunroof. I pre-ordered, but didn't list the sunroof as an option due to the ridiculous price for it.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
The only thing I don't fully understand is why it's a $1,480 option on the CLA and a $1,090 option the C-Class.

BMW charges $1,050 for a moonroof on the 1 Series and 3 Series. Maybe they would charge more if they also offered a panoramic roof option. I don't know. On the other hand, Audi doesn't charge for a sunroof on the A4 but the A4's base price is also higher than the CLA's. I don't know what they do on the A3 since it's not on the US website any longer. Still, what stumps me most is why the Panorama roof on the CLA costs more than it does on the C -- and "the supplier costs are higher because of the shape of the CLA's roof" is a poor excuse. They could have buried the difference in the price of the car and it would have felt better.

-Eric

·
Registered
331 Posts
Do you want a sunroof or not? Are you or a family member going to lose a body part if your order gets pushed to October or November? Get the car you want and don't be foolish. It's worth the wait if you want it. It's not an option you can easily add after delivery.

-Eric
Eric.. I totally agree with you.. If you want an option and pano is a huge option it is worth the wait.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I heavily considered the pano sunroof, but after realizing that it may potentially have leaks, I opted not to have one.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I heavily considered the pano sunroof, but after realizing that it may potentially have leaks, I opted not to have one.
The only reason I can see liking the Panoramic roof is if I had a Cirrus White CLA it would be a nice contrast to the white. But then I might as well just vinyl wrap the roof. Not sure how well the glass keeps heat away if not would have to spend some money on 3M film that does a fantastic job of keeping heat out of a car.

·
Registered
495 Posts
The only reason I can see liking the Panoramic roof is if I had a Cirrus White CLA it would be a nice contrast to the white. But then I might as well just vinyl wrap the roof. Not sure how well the glass keeps heat away if not would have to spend some money on 3M film that does a fantastic job of keeping heat out of a car.
I def have to agree with you on that. The glass roof will allow the car to heat at a much more higher rate in the summer because of the glass. No thanks...

·
Registered
90 Posts
I def have to agree with you on that. The class roof will allow the car to heat at a much more higher rate in the summer because of the glass. No thanks...
Well I haven't done research on it and this is MB we're talking about so I'd give them the benefit of the doubt that they would offer something like that without some kind of UV/heat protection from the factory.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Well I haven't done research on it and this is MB we're talking about so I'd give them the benefit of the doubt that they would offer something like that without some kind of UV/heat protection from the factory.
There's really nothing you can do to block heat from coming thru a window besides having it heavily tinted. As the sun naturally shines down, it will hover right on the roof of the car. No thanks, if it were a regular sunroof I would have no issues, but a pano roof can def bring some unwanted heat into your car.

·
Registered
90 Posts
There's really nothing you can do to block heat from coming thru a window besides having it heavily tinted. As the sun naturally shines down, it will hover right on the roof of the car. No thanks, if it were a regular sunroof I would have no issues, but a pano roof can def bring some unwanted heat into your car.
Like I said before 3M offers some amazing material that's not a tint(but can be) that rejects an exceptional amount of heat and UV. But at that point its not worth it, IMO.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app
Have changed the name to the pano rain roof here in the uk
Lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts