Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok we just purchased a 2014 CLA 250 4matic there is a backup camera visible by the license plate, but it doesn't show up on the infotainment system any idea on how to activate it? We followed the manual but don't see it showing up as an option. thank you in advance, and apologize if this has been asked before, hopefully you can point me in the right direction.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Welcome to the CLA Forum KSutherland :)
Tell the Members more about your CLA:
Current mileage?
From the service records - Last date of service and mileage at an MB Dealer?
From service records - Has this issue been addressed prior?
What city are you near?
Did the seller extend any warranty or guarantee?
Did you tell the seller about the camera not activating when placed is reverse with the radio ON?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
is it the one that flips out from under the sill of the license plate or a fixed camera? perhaps its not oem?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the CLA Forum KSutherland :)
Tell the Members more about your CLA:
Current mileage?
From the service records - Last date of service and mileage at an MB Dealer?
From service records - Has this issue been addressed prior?
What city are you near?
Did the seller extend any warranty or guarantee?
Did you tell the seller about the camera not activating when placed is reverse with the radio ON?
I can get that info after i get home, It's my wife's car to drive, but i have fun when i get to.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Probably aftermarket installation, and the original owner removed the device but left the easily-replaceable camera.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is it easy to to install one to hook up to infotainment display, I'm mechanical and electrical/ electronic(Calibration technician/engineer by trade)

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
IF its fixed then its aftermarket. The OEM cam flips out of a small service door above the plate. You can always try to trace the wire and get a monitor for it? or try to install an OEM one. I know others have had success.
It's a fixed cam.
[/QUOTE

Reactions: Geo K

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
KSutherland>
What was the outcome?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts