Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone thank you so much for this community really hope that someone could help me I’m trying to love my CLA 250 newly purchased from Canada Drives but it seems to be having a problem after problem… :mad:

I simply tried to upgrade the back up lights to LEDs. I currently have the recommended Sylvania LED bulbs from Canadian tire installed and not working. Previously I tried bulbs that were CLA250-compatible from Amazon… back up lights worked before I touched them (classic) pretty sure the riginal bulbs an where the original from build date.

would really appreciate any help.

I’ll have another post coming up with another issue separate to this really appreciate your help there as well sorry for spamming.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Do they have an inline resistor built in to the light? that might be the reason your getting an error message. The light isnt pulling enough juice to tell the system its working.

·
Super Moderator
613 Posts
not sure what the bulb looks like but if it has two prongs turn it round, had this with an led bulb in the wife's Toyota ,thought it was duff but apparently only worked when plugged in the right way round

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do they have an inline resistor built in to the light? that might be the reason your getting an error message. The light isnt pulling enough juice to tell the system its working.
Thanks for commenting Paul! I really don’t know how to investigate that but you are right!

it’s something about the car not liking both types of LED bulbs I’m using (despite them being listed as compatible)… I really need to find out if i can fix this on my own. Don’t want to pay by the hour for someone to chase a mystery.

Plot twist, last night I decided to put the old bulbs back in to see if they would work…

(ended up getting one of the led bulbs stuck inside the drivers side light assembly on the way out - very poor design - they catch when you pull out the mounting that holds the 5 tail light bulbs - the backup light gets knocked out of the socket super easy before you can see the bulb - following this I stripped one of the 3 bolts trying to get the assembly off so i could retrieve the LED bulb… 🤦🏼‍♂️ So yeh it’s now just sitting there loose inside the taillight assembly.fml.

… alas the drivers backup light was seen working last night, still no backup light on the passenger side and backup light message still showing on dash.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts