Mercedes CLA Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2016 CLA 250 4matic
31 Posts
Hi Darreng3 I am Gonzalo from Argentina.

I have the same problem since I bought my cla urban aut '13 it came with rft dunlop and it was a noise concert! I took it to Mercedes and they heard the noise but they couldn't fix it. When they returned it from the service or revisions something was adjusted and the noises in the suspension were not there, they passed 3 or 4km and they appeared again. People drove it and said it is unheard of you can't walk like this; even so they did not find the solution after 4 years of adjustments and changes of shock absorbers they offered me to change to common tires and to give away an aid kit and I said no. I contacted Mercedes Germany describing the problem and sent the medical history of the dealer. They made me call from my country and consulted online etc and they never gave me a solution I wanted to sue them but it had been a long time since the loss of the guarantee so I couldn't do much more. I still have the car I love and the problem that makes me hate it.
I wanted to interpret this in my own style for a cleaner translation since I'm bored.

I had the same problem since I Bought my 2014 CLA. It came with Dunlop RFT tires and they were LOUD AF. I took it to Mercedes and they heard the noice but they couldn’t fix it. When they returned it from service there noises in the suspension had gone away but reappeared after 3/4 miles. Mi Gente drove it also and said this is unheard of you can’t move like this. After four years of service and adjustments to the shock absorbers they offered me to change the tires and include a free car first-aid kit. I said Nah keep that. I even contacted Mercedes Germany describing the problem and sent the medical history to the dealer. I called from my country and emailed but they never gave me a solution. I wanted to sue them but the warranty had long been gone and there wasn’t more much that could be done. “I still have the car I love and the problem that makes me hate it.”

·
Registered
5 Posts
No, para nada tranquilo estudio ingles y deberia haberlo hecho mejor, al contrario te estaba agradeciendo tu intervencion. Espero que estes bien en este tiempo de cuarentena!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Messus, Can you fill-in the balance of the answers.
Firstly, those are Not the normal handling characteristics of the CLA!
Additional info. which will help the membership with their replies:
a) Month/year of purchase- .....................
b) Mileage at purchase............................
c) From a MB Dealer or private owner.....Used car lot
d) What city are you in/near.....................NYC
e) Month/year first noticed "violent loud banging".......
f ) Mileage today......................................40,500.
g) Month/year MB told you it's an entry level car.............
h) Month/year of last service..............
i ) What are your 4 tire pressures f to r....41,41,41,39
Note- Reduce tire pressures to those shown on your gas filler flap which
will depend on your OEM tires & rims. My 2014 are F36, R32

j ) Original 2016 tires & wheels y or n .......................
k) Have you run a CARFAX y or n.........?? Clean??
Note- If you didn't run a CARFAX yourself, run it now, it takes 10 minutes.
l) Have you inspected underneath for damage y or n.......l
j) OTHER - Suspension lower in front.......Not normal

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Lol...“Month/year MB told you it's an entry level Car”
this has to be a joke right 😂
the entry level label <<<<
Lets cancel it !
Read line 4 of the OP statement. These questions were in response to him, Darren, which was no joke from his point of view, or mine from the standpoint of determining fault and liability. Skip the question, it doesn't apply in your case.

Reactions: Meezus

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a MB cla 250 4matic 2016. I'm having the same violent sound on my left rear side when driving over a bump or pothole. I was wondering if a solution has been found? MB dealer don't seem to be able to find the problem.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts