Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Driving to work yesterday, the sun was really bad. I couldn't see much. Of course, in hindsight, I wish
I had turned around and gone a different route. I ran into a parked car and the result is what you see.
The second photo is after it was uprighted by the tow guy. All air bags deployed. Neighbors helped
open the passenger's side door. I lifted myself out and jumped over the side. Except for some soreness
in my neck and back, I'm all right, thankfully. The neighbor whose car I hit was concerned about me, and not
his car really. His car will probably be totaled as well. I'm seeing a chiropractor.
My car has a bit less than 42,000 miles on it. I'm weighing whether to get another used CLA or a used
Lexus or Infiniti. It depends how much I get from insurance, certainly. There are a number of used CLAs
in my area with more options than mine had, some without the Sport Package, which I don't care about as
much as my daughter does. :) One has the Premium Package, Multimedia Package with no Sport Package
for about $18,000. The reason I'm toying with a Japanese car is repairs, or lack thereof, and less cost
when the car needs it. I did love my CLA though. Heck, now no gap!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Chin up! We are all with you on this.
Time to test drive a 2020 CLA

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chin up! We are all with you on this.
Time to test drive a 2020 CLA
Money prohibits a new CLA unfortunately. GoFundMe? ;)

·
Registered
9,708 Posts
My gosh holy bumper cars batman!
Just so very glad you walked away from this ... these little cars of ours have saved quite a few of us apparently.
Do keep up with the chiro visits ... until all the latent spine damage is gone.
Hope you keep hanging with us! Gotta keep our defender of the gap on this forum

·
Registered
318 Posts
Really sorry to hear about your car, glad to hear you're alright!

Hope you can find a good CLA replacement. Hate to lose you from the forum.

I saw this and thought of you. Hope it brings a smile.

It's called Rebel Bass

Be well and kepp us posted!
Rebel Bass.jpg

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Relieved that you're OK.

Ya gotta take the attitude that, much like basses, cars are tools, and the user is what's important.

That said, I'm really missing the left-handed Precision that I had to special order when I was 15, and that I played on all the gigs and recordings of my youth. You can't buy connection.

What about a GLA 250? Better for hauling your gear.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Really sorry to hear about your car, glad to hear you're alright!

Hope you can find a good CLA replacement. Hate to lose you from the forum.

I saw this and thought of you. Hope it brings a smile.

It's called Rebel Bass

Be well and kepp us posted! View attachment 65017
I've seen this crazy bass. Why is what comes to mind.
I was indeed very lucky. The car was built to protect and serve, certainly.
I miss the car, but it is a car only. The Gap will always reign supreme!
It's possible I would go for another CLA, but I'm thinking about repair costs for the future, as I said. I'll let you guys know what happens, for sure. I'm also taking a different
route to work now, without sun in the eyes. Too late for Tuesday's affair though.
Thanks for all the kind words. It does mean a lot.
The chiropractor has massage therapists in her office, so I'll be doing sessions
with one of them as well. I'm looking forward to that!!! :)

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Have you checked CPO's in your area? I know they come with a halfway decent warranty for the first year. Glad to see your safe and okay too!

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Wow that's a big crash glad to hear you are okay.

I just did the math. I'm paying more for my 2017 honda odyssey in repairs (year-for-year) than I did proportionally to my 2014 CLA45. F' Honda. Toyota you might be ok. My parents complain about their Lexus repairs. Infiniti I have no opinion.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Holy smokes! So glad to hear that you are OK Rob. The Mighty Gap proves its worth yet again, obviously providing a vital spacer to absorb more energy in an accident. I for one will be devastated if you leave the ranks of the Mighty Gapytes, please keep us posted!

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow that's a big crash glad to hear you are okay.

I just did the math. I'm paying more for my 2017 honda odyssey in repairs (year-for-year) than I did proportionally to my 2014 CLA45. F' Honda. Toyota you might be ok. My parents complain about their Lexus repairs. Infiniti I have no opinion.
I thought Lexus vehicles were very reliable. My mechanic said so as well. I generally keep cars for a long time. I’m worried about repairs down the road. I’d love to replace my CLA with another used one if cost of repairs were not worrisome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
302 Posts
Lexuses are pretty bullet proof. But Toyota is usually behind when it comes to tech. For example, think they just finally put in CarPlay in 2019 models when most manufacturers have been doing it for 5+ years. The engine is cheap to fix (and easy to fix) because it seems like Toyota likes to keep the same engine for 5-10 years before they’ll change anything. If you get a car with the 3.5 V6, chances are it’s the same engine (tuned differently) in 5-10 of it’s lineups for the last 5-7 years or more (and around the world). I mean it’s rare to find a 4 banger turbo in a Toyota because it’s a fairly new concept to Toyota and they would rather keep with their dependable V6.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I knew it all the time!!! Our CLAs can fly!

Damn it breaks my heart to see it like this!
hope youre okay! Don‘t worry your CLA have many brothers and sister :)))

try the new one! You will even more love it i‘ll promise

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
I know someone who paid over $900 to replace a burned-out headlight on her Lexus.

No modern car is simple. It's a good argument for leasing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Very fortunate that no one was seriously hurt or die. Sorry about car totaled but that what insurance is for. What year was your car? I guess the car didn’t have standard collision prevention assist?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts