Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm ordering a CLA250e at the end of the month and have decided on mountain grey for the exterior. However,
I've been tempted by choosing the Bahia brown interior as it's something a little different.

Whats your thoughts v standard black interior? Is it nice or ghastly?

·
Registered
11,884 Posts
I got the nut brown waaaaay back when (black was too common and bone was just too dirt prone) and never regretted it
The new bahia brown aint too bad

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Same here for both my '14 orders, think it looks more like natural leather IMO.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yep +1 from me, I'm a big fan of the natural leather look, and the Bahia is dark enough not to be tacky (like cough BMW cough).

Reactions: Geo K

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
That bahia brown leather looks okay. But I don't think it will age well, unless you are meticulous with upkeeping it, like using Lexol leather cleaner and conditioner (best stuff for leather IMHO). I think personally I like the RED/BLACK leather combo trim, gives the interior a fun factor =)

·
Registered
11,884 Posts
Actually I would have gone for the reddish maroon if they had it back then

Does that fancy Lexol leather stuff shine up the leather or keep the matte sheen?

·
Registered
394 Posts

Does that fancy Lexol leather stuff shine up the leather or keep the matte sheen?
It keeps the leather looking natural (whichever it was tanned to look originally). I've been using both their cleaner & their conditioner for years. The less expensive leathers have a shinny appearance, The most expensive have a more porous mat look and do stain easier. The less expensive leathers actually repel stains and dirt better because of the additives in the treatment of them. It doesn't look like Armor All, if that's your concern. Stay away from that stuff!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hi All,

I'm ordering a CLA250e at the end of the month and have decided on mountain grey for the exterior. However,
I've been tempted by choosing the Bahia brown interior as it's something a little different.

Whats your thoughts v standard black interior? Is it nice or ghastly? View attachment 66987
View attachment 66986
Love the brown! Wish it was an option back in 2013. I have Mountain Grey exterior and IMHO it's the best. It holds it's color depth and shade very well over time and has a deep rich appearance when detailed. I'm sad they don't offer the brown in the MB-tex any longer. Given the choice the MB-tex holds up the best over time and saves a lot of money and effort maintaining it. Mine's 8 years old and kept outdoors in a climate with 141 degrees (-39 to 101F) temperature swings and it still looks like the day I bought it.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts

No it does not. When I had real leather seats in my other cars, Bimmer and Acura, I would first treat the leather with the lexol leather cleaner (mild pH balanced detergent) which will clean up the leather without drying it out. Then follow up with the lexol leather conditioner, a small amount goes a long way, and it does not leaves a shiny sheen on the leather. The main goal of the lexol conditioner is to keep the leather supple, and hence no shining agents added. It will leave the leather "matte" or as original. But the key to Lexol is that , you should treat your leather regularly (every 2 weeks or at least monthly). Keeping the leather supple will reduce the issue of leather "creasing" or leaving permanent crease lines (leading to leather ageing poorly). Same idea where women use collagen infused skin care to reduce ageing lines on their face and neck.

·
Registered
11,884 Posts
Thank you Oz and Mav for info on Lexol
Well so far no crease lines on the nut brown semi analine surfaces
Just damp hot towel dabs once in a while the past 6.9 years and never used anything cuz shiny leather just freaks me out
Have never ever used Armorall ... read the contents once and never touched that again
Will test the Lexol on the 26yr old leather in the Legend which is still somewhat matte except for one side bolster ... would love to re-matte that section

Think I will change my name to Matt ...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yo Oz!
Did your boss hear your coughs?
Haha, no chance... I would not be game to say such things if she was on this forum my friend.. I have many a year to enjoy without doing something silly and cutting my life short like that. Her BMW is treated better than the children, and most certainly better than myself!

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Thank you Oz and Mav for info on Lexol
Well so far no crease lines on the nut brown semi analine surfaces
Just damp hot towel dabs once in a while the past 6.9 years and never used anything cuz shiny leather just freaks me out
Have never ever used Armorall ... read the contents once and never touched that again
Will test the Lexol on the 26yr old leather in the Legend which is still somewhat matte except for one side bolster ... would love to re-matte that section

Think I will change my name to Matt ...
for shiny leather, just use Mr Clean Magic Eraser sponge, wet it and wipe it across the shiny part of the leather a few times, dry it down with a cloth, and then treat it with Lexol conditioner (just a little will do).

If your steering wheel has gotten shiny, do the same thing. Use the Magic cleaner sponge ...

·
Registered
11,884 Posts
Haha, no chance... I would not be game to say such things if she was on this forum my friend.. I have many a year to enjoy without doing something silly and cutting my life short like that. Her BMW is treated better than the children, and most certainly better than myself!
Ah hah! Time to plot against the bitching moaning and whining machine ......

·
Registered
11,884 Posts
for shiny leather, just use Mr Clean Magic Eraser sponge, wet it and wipe it across the shiny part of the leather a few times, dry it down with a cloth, and then treat it with Lexol conditioner (just a little will do).

If your steering wheel has gotten shiny, do the same thing. Use the Magic cleaner sponge ...
Steering surface is ok (so far) as it doesnt see skin oils not even at dealer
Will try the eraser trick on the old leather appreciate the tip!

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Steering surface is ok (so far) as it doesnt see skin oils not even at dealer
Will try the eraser trick on the old leather appreciate the tip!
Just don't rub it too hard =) Give it a few wipes of the eraser, dry down with the cloth, and see if the shine has been removed. You also wet the eraser with a diluted solution of the Lexol leather cleaner, makes getting the shine out even easier.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts