Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow enthusiasts!
I was hoping for some help with a small issue with what I assume is the ballast on my bi xenon headlamp. I woke up this morning to multiple light malfunction messages running across my dash...daytime running, turning lamp, low beam and parking lamp.
The low beam does not turn on nor does it flicker in the least (high beam as well) ....I switched the bulbs and found it was not the bulb itself.....the daytime running light lights up when turning the car on but promptly shuts off in a matter of seconds.....
And although the turn signal seems to work I am still receiving the error message.
Am I safe in assuming this is a ballast issue?? And more importantly (as I would like to learn to work on my own vehicle) how is the ballast replaced? Where is it located on the housing? And what can I do to further test the ballast to ensure it is in fact the problem?
I should also mention it is only on the passenger side.
(2014 cla 250 4matic sport)
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks All!

·
Registered
9,702 Posts
Wow that sucks ...
Its a small silver box about the size of a laptop harddrive ... trace the wire from the bulb towards it should be nearby/underneath
But make sure everything is OFF ... some serious voltages!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello fellow enthusiasts!
I was hoping for some help with a small issue with what I assume is the ballast on my bi xenon headlamp. I woke up this morning to multiple light malfunction messages running across my dash...daytime running, turning lamp, low beam and parking lamp.
The low beam does not turn on nor does it flicker in the least (high beam as well) ....I switched the bulbs and found it was not the bulb itself.....the daytime running light lights up when turning the car on but promptly shuts off in a matter of seconds.....
And although the turn signal seems to work I am still receiving the error message.
Am I safe in assuming this is a ballast issue?? And more importantly (as I would like to learn to work on my own vehicle) how is the ballast replaced? Where is it located on the housing? And what can I do to further test the ballast to ensure it is in fact the problem?
I should also mention it is only on the passenger side.
(2014 cla 250 4matic sport)
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks All!
Did u find out anything? I'm having the same issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts