Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

My CLA45 arrived at the Baltimore VPC on 6/14 (1.5 weeks ago) but hasn't left. My dealer called the VPC and they said they are waiting on 1 semiconductor and have no ETA. It is P1 and as my dealer puts it "red hot". Anyone have a similar experience recently with a semiconductor delay and how long to expect?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2021 AMG CLA 45 S Digital White w/Performance Package
346 Posts
My AMG CLA45S sat in the factory parking lot in Kecskemét for 5 weeks after its official build date. Some time after the 7th June it received the missing chip and is now waiting for embarkation in the Netherlands (apparently).

·
Registered
346 Posts
Oh?! So it is now b u i l t
Yes indeed, I am allowing myself to get slightly excited now, tempered by the various horror stories about delays of course :cool:

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
Yes indeed, I am allowing myself to get slightly excited now, tempered by the various horror stories about delays of course :cool:
Oh do let us know when the service team’s pet roadrunner ran away with the lading documents for the dock release delay excuse

·
Registered
346 Posts
Oh do let us know when the service team’s pet roadrunner ran away with the lading documents for the dock release delay excuse
Don't even joke about it JMC!!! I don't think my blood pressure can take much more...

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
Now now calm down ... its not a Bratty Machine on Wheels so a little heart attack here and there wont hurt and it will be worth the wait

·
Registered
346 Posts
Now now calm down ... its not a Bratty Machine on Wheels so a little heart attack here and there wont hurt and it will be worth the wait
That is exactly what the dealer keeps telling me when I call for updates :)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Unfortunately, there is a world-wide chip shortage. Ford Broncos are backed up months and are just now starting to be released. All the car companies freaked and cancelled their chip orders when Covid hit thinking their sales were going to tank. The chip makers started taking orders from other sectors to fill their production voids and now all the car makers are clamoring to get re-scheduled as their sales are much higher than they expected. It's affecting all types of industries that use semi-conductors. A lot of Europe is still only working 3 days a week. Taiwan just announced they're building a huge chip facility in the U.S. to catch up. I just ordered a machine from Germany yesterday that won't ship until February. The industrial world is a mess!

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
@Northern Al

Concur concur concur whole heartedly

A coupla weeks ago when I was foggy and spewing I think I hammered on all the poor bean counters who lacked foresight ... now I dont feel so bad

Forget the global reset ... the world’s proverbial main battery needs replacement to just get the global restart going .... good grief

Even those who roll out of bed and don bunny slippers for work had supply chain issues so ...

·
Registered
2020 CLA250, White
82 Posts
DrOzCLA - I think the issue with your car is (if I recall correctly) that you switched the color from Denim Blue to Digital White. Digital White needs that extra chip that’s missing to make it fully “Digital” 😆

·
Registered
346 Posts
DrOzCLA - I think the issue with your car is (if I recall correctly) that you switched the color from Denim Blue to Digital White. Digital White needs that extra chip that’s missing to make it fully “Digital” 😆
You are absolutely correct Martyn, I am surprised Mercedes didn't just use that as the excuse for delay :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: MartynH

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi All,

My CLA45 arrived at the Baltimore VPC on 6/14 (1.5 weeks ago) but hasn't left. My dealer called the VPC and they said they are waiting on 1 semiconductor and have no ETA. It is P1 and as my dealer puts it "red hot". Anyone have a similar experience recently with a semiconductor delay and how long to expect?

Thanks!
Mines been sitting there since 8/22/21

·
Registered
395 Posts
i waited 14 weeks for a front radar module for my car when it broke so good luck and stay patient as it will be worth the wait

1 - 18 of 18 Posts