Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Β· Registered
2014 CLA 220 CDI
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, a newbie here. πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
I'm looking for some exterior upgrades for the base model, which are somewhat rare since almost everything is made for sports/amg package.
Specifically, I'd like a bit more aggressive front but I'd leave the 700 euros Brabus spoiler as a last resort. I've been digging around on this forum and found these 2 threads

Love the look of both cars, they're pretty awesome. So I've got a few questions for @mkins2sloww and @mcia13 , and anyone else willing to help.

Is this Front Bumper Lip Cover Spoiler for Benz W117 C117 CLA45 2017 2018 Glossy DNN | eBay the one you guys have? To me it looks like it is, but the item description clearly says it does not fit the base model. Or, if you could maybe share the link where you've bought it, it'd be great. πŸ™‚

I was also looking for some sideskirts, but couldn't find anything.
Planning on wrapping it in matte gray + chrome delete, and adding different exhaust tips, but all that is going to have to wait for summer. 😁

Here's the current state:
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Land vehicle

Β· Registered
211 Posts
Hey guys, a newbie here. πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
I'm looking for some exterior upgrades for the base model, which are somewhat rare since almost everything is made for sports/amg package.
Specifically, I'd like a bit more aggressive front but I'd leave the 700 euros Brabus spoiler as a last resort. I've been digging around on this forum and found these 2 threads

Love the look of both cars, they're pretty awesome. So I've got a few questions for @mkins2sloww and @mcia13 , and anyone else willing to help.

Is this Front Bumper Lip Cover Spoiler for Benz W117 C117 CLA45 2017 2018 Glossy DNN | eBay the one you guys have? To me it looks like it is, but the item description clearly says it does not fit the base model. Or, if you could maybe share the link where you've bought it, it'd be great. πŸ™‚

I was also looking for some sideskirts, but couldn't find anything.
Planning on wrapping it in matte gray + chrome delete, and adding different exhaust tips, but all that is going to have to wait for summer. 😁

Here's the current state: View attachment 68042
Hey man love the color on your car. Yes mods for our models are hard to come by, but the link you posted is the exact type of splitter I have. It fits it nice, I did notice when I first installed it without 3M tape there was a small gap on both sides just off the middle of the car in front. I heated it up a bit installed the 3M and pressed it to the top and no gap OEM fit. Gap is not very noticeable and after I broke my first splitter, I didn't do the tape again and it looks fine.

Β· Registered
2014 CLA 220 CDI
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, I'll be happy if it turns out even half as cool as in the photos. Now all I can do is wait 2-3 months for it to arrive and hope it's not damaged; checked out the seller's reviews and on most of negative reviews people complain about damage & crappy quality. 😬

In the meantime I've got RGB Led stripes delivery coming in tomorrow, going to spice up the interior over the weekend.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.