Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For thoose of you who is considering ordering the Becker Map Pilot, I have a suggestion.

This little trick might not be worth as much in the non-nordic countries, but since we have so high taxes i am very pleased that i found it.

All Mercedes CLA models are prewired and prepared for the Becker Map Pilot, so all you need to do is to buy a little box and put it in a slot in the glove compartment.

You can see the box here: becker map pilot | eBay

And a small demo of the installation:

For me in Denmark the price at vendor the price is around 2500$/1900€ so the saving is quite large.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Does this means that option 508 - pre-installation for Becker Mappilot is not required for installing Mappilot later on?

·
Registered
143 Posts
In Denmark at least that option in standard

View attachment 739
Not in Norway They charge 2500,- Norwegian Kroner, I did not order this since I am a iOS user and went for the drive-kit plus option. This gives med Garmin GPS updated live on my iPhone, integrated with google maps/street view. And excellent iPod integration with fast GUI.

·
Registered
295 Posts
In the Netherlands it's also optional.. EUR 266 for the pre install, EUR 908 for the Becker Map pilot or EUR 2495 for the Ambition package (active park, cruisecontrol, map pilot, bi-xenon)

·
Registered
143 Posts
It's strange that Mercedes operates with different accessories packs within Europe.

We don't have the ambition pack or similar in Norway.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I'm looking in to this as well. Just on a side note, it's usually the car importer in your country that creates the option packages, not Mercedes-Benz them selves.
This is why certain Packages are not available in all countries.

I see this Becker Map Pilot for sale on ebay for €250, new in the box. So I'm thinking of only ordering the preparation (item nr. 508) and not the full installation (509) which saves me 640 euros at first, and leaves 390 euros in my pocket when I buy this unit separately.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My fav is command with dvd around $7k and interior carbon fiber with $2,2k (I wanted to put the black ash for 600$ but they denied that option with 45 amg)
I'm literally crying when reading us prices

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hello Gents ... please don't consider me an arrogant "Americano", but just to contribute to the post about the Becker wiring. In the U.S., I am seeing more and more MB autos being advertised by dealers with the Becker wiring already installed ($200). However, it is not standard on the CLA in the U.S.; it will cost you $200 to get the wiring installed when you order the car. The black Becker box costs $600 here in the U.S. The better deal is the Drive Kit Plus ($500) where you can leverage all you iPhone apps and still do Google Maps and more!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts