Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

The Becker Pilot map is the official plug in GPS for in the glovebox of Mercedes.

In many country's like for me (in Belgium) are the GPS wires standard in the CLA.
The GPS is expensive from the :mblogoblack: factory but you can buy or bid on them on Ebay or Amazon!

Look on eBay:
On eBay I have seen then going away at about 250€ when they are +750€ from factory!
See them here on ebay.co.uk or eBay.com or here in dutch

Look on Amazon:
They have them on the Amazon.com store here and in Amazon.co.uk here

Its just plug in and play. They made it like that so you can plug it out for anti-theft. I will post pictures in how the install looks, but it should be very easy.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just seen my baby at the garage!! Looked at the glove box and there is a huge .. euhm.. scart like plug for the gps :)

so ordering the gps :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Does this mean that without getting the multimedia package we can separately buy this plug in GPS? Can something like this be offered for backup camera?

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
On mine EU version it is all build in.

still did not get one :'(
Youtube has a very comprehensive demo on the Becker Map Pilot. It works like an older ( 2005-2008 ) version of built-in GPS with voice control.
The interface, however, is an option in the US but the unit is cheaper even from the factory ($600 USD) compared to eBay price of around $300-$350 USD which is the same as the Dutch auction price.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I wish I knew this also when I ordered my car, I would happily put those 500 euro into something else on the car then the navi. :yawn:

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I wish I knew this also when I ordered my car, I would happily put those 500 euro into something else on the car then the navi. :yawn:
But real Mercedes Navigation you bought is far far superior than the rather low tech Becker Map Pilot which I considered 2005-2008 vintage. It is, however, the one I am getting just because it is cheap...

·
Registered
347 Posts
The $250 is for the pre-wiring in the US. IF you do not have the Pre-Wiring you cannot use the Becker. :)

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
The $250 is for the pre-wiring in the US. IF you do not have the Pre-Wiring you cannot use the Becker. :)
Naturally. Actually $200 for the interface and the Becker Map Pilot is $350 to purchase on eBay. Bidding price may be a bit lower. Youtube has comprehensive demo on the unit in a 2013 now with Navi button built into the screen and dash. Halfway decent voice command.

·
Registered
202 Posts
But real Mercedes Navigation you bought is far far superior than the rather low tech Becker Map Pilot which I considered 2005-2008 vintage. It is, however, the one I am getting just because it is cheap...
Well I mean this Becker cost here in Sweden like 900 bucks , its the same box as on ebay :(

·
Registered
342 Posts
How do we get the pre-wiring done? At the time of order of your CLA? I'm looking into this option to avoid the inflated multimedia package... =)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Thanks guys, Yeah, the North American ones don't seem to have the Becker wiring in place as standard. The dealer found the option number (509) if others are interested in adding it to their builds but there's no price in Canada yet.

i mentioned that I thought it was around $200 in the US but knowing Canada.. we'll probably get hit with a $9000 charge =P

1 - 20 of 28 Posts