Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked my car up on 1st Sept......very impressed with the car considering I've never been a fan of mercs. Only negative i have is the lag in the turbo, sometimes it takes a second or two to kick in.

Cirrus White with Panoramic sunroof

County Durham UK

Attachments

·
Registered
500 Posts
I would be all over this car if they brought over the CDI diesel to the USA. I would even over looking the massive door gaps and the non Mercedes benz drive feeling to get better MPG

·
Registered
96 Posts
Fantastic choice! Thanks for posting the photos! How is the ride with the amg suspension and 18' wheels???

·
Registered
230 Posts
I found the sports button helps with the lag, I put it down more to the computer/ gearbox in ECO mode than the turbo . I thought the thigh be had a variable vane impeller or something like that so lag should not be significant .

My CLA is a 220 CDI in Cirrus white with pano roof. Nice colour combo. Do you have the black wheels also?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I found the sports button helps with the lag, I put it down more to the computer/ gearbox in ECO mode than the turbo . I thought the thigh be had a variable vane impeller or something like that so lag should not be significant .

My CLA is a 220 CDI in Cirrus white with pano roof. Nice colour combo. Do you have the black wheels also?
Do you also have the AMG sport suspension? Can you comment on the stiffness?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yes my car is the AMG Sport. I find the suspension to be just about spot on. It takes the harshness out if bump and lumps in the road but also gives a sporty ride. The hybrid run flats probably help with the ride. I came from a car with BMW run flats, rubbish suspension and tyre combination resulted in a bone shaker.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Are you satisfied with your choice? I am asking you because we have some people regretting or changing their minds about the CLA!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Not at all apart from a awful dealership and a naff Comand Online system. My car is an early build and not redlky very compatible with the iPhone and especially IOS7. Gear car just regret using the supplying dealer who mis sold the car to me and now ignores my communications. They won't be able to ignore court orders though!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Are you satisfied with your choice? I am asking you because we have some people regretting or changing their minds about the CLA!
had my mountain grey 220 CDI AMG since July 4th and have loved the car since day one,never regretted buying it..Love the online system,got all my music from I-phone on it,great with hands free as well,love the black wheels,pano roof & especially the car in sports mode..time for its weekly valet tomorrow & have still only seen one other on the road!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sport button is much better ...not much lag but compromises on the mpg a little. Ride is firm but only really noticeable if you go over a bump or pot hole. If they did the AMG Sports with comfort suspension then I would go for that or better still if Merc did an option to switch between sports and comfort would have been ideal but they don't.

Saying that I love the CLA.....expensive but worth it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts