Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well you know every 2~3 years (regardless of mileage) we have to change out the brake fluid
So I have been using Pentosin Super DOT4 (and hoping the new condition fluid color is consistent)
Despite moderate driving (hardly use brakes maybe a few stops to verify ABS etc) and moderate climate
the results speak for themselves

The left tub is the first 300mL out from each corner (so 1200mL primary flush)
The right rub is the second 200mL out from each corner (or 800mL secondary flush)
Sure enough the initial junk is cloudy and yucky

Oh by the way the reservoir holds ~325mL so that's about 6X volume change ... should be good enough

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Well you know every 2~3 years (regardless of mileage) we have to change out the brake fluid
So I have been using Pentosin Super DOT4 (and hoping the new condition fluid color is consistent)
Despite moderate driving (hardly use brakes maybe a few stops to verify ABS etc) and moderate climate
the results speak for themselves

The left tub is the first 300mL out from each corner (so 1200mL primary flush)
The right rub is the second 200mL out from each corner (or 800mL secondary flush)
Sure enough the initial junk is cloudy and yucky

Oh by the way the reservoir holds ~325mL so that's about 6X volume change ... should be good enough

View attachment 67421
How much brake fluid is required for the fluid change?

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought 3 1L bottles

1200+800=2000mL for the flush
About 325mL for the refill
Thats about a 6X volume change

Could have pushed for 1200+1200 I suppose but then the amount for recycling would be more than the 2 empty bottles volume

·
Super Moderator
1,824 Posts
You can do it all "manually", without a MB computer ?

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well yeah this portion of the system seems to be just a reservoir level idiot reader
wish they would add a "moisture sensor" so it can be monitored within its own system - hey they can patent it and add yet another gauge cluster icon!
i know i know i am so damn lazy :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts