Mercedes CLA Forum banner

Brembo discs and pads for my CLA 45 AMG

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Stevestubbs42 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I am preparing to change front and back brakes for my CLA 45 AMG (C117). Both discs and pads. I got an offer from Mercedes Benz.

Details:

Front:
Discs: 500 €
Pads: 270 €

Rear:
Discs: 420 €
Pads: 190 €

So my question is - is it REALLY worth it's price? I heard that for example Brembo makes good brakes. I checked and their prices are completely outstanding! I checked and for this car, Brembo's article number for front discs will be: 09.B788.11 and for the rear: 09.B913.11.

I checked the prices, and for the front discs I will have to pay around 100 €. For the rear: 70 €. As you can see, there is a BIG difference. Only on the discs! I know that you SHOULD NOT save money on tires and brakes, but... I don't know. The MB price is way too high I think. But maybe I'm missing something.

Are you only having original MB brakes? Or maybe someone has those Brembos too? Please let me know, as I don't really know what to do.

See less See more
#3 ·
Hey all,

I am preparing to change front and back brakes for my CLA 45 AMG (C117). Both discs and pads. I got an offer from Mercedes Benz.

Details:

Front:
Discs: 500 €
Pads: 270 €

Rear:
Discs: 420 €
Pads: 190 €

So my question is - is it REALLY worth it's price? I heard that for example Brembo makes good brakes. I checked and their prices are completely outstanding! I checked and for this car, Brembo's article number for front discs will be: 09.B788.11 and for the rear: 09.B913.11.

I checked the prices, and for the front discs I will have to pay around 100 €. For the rear: 70 €. As you can see, there is a BIG difference. Only on the discs! I know that you SHOULD NOT save money on tires and brakes, but... I don't know. The MB price is way too high I think. But maybe I'm missing something.

Are you only having original MB brakes? Or maybe someone has those Brembos too? Please let me know, as I don't really know what to do.
Changed out my stock Brembo pads that were RUINING and put a layer of brown dust on my beautiful wheels every time I drove it. Went to ceramic compound by Hawk that are so much cleaner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.