Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Build Thread CLA 220 CDI Sport (Urban) UK Model

I have owned my CLA for around 5 weeks now and have been slowly personalising it. I will add details of where I had work completed and sourced parts as I go along.

This is how the car looked when I purchased it. UK model - 220 CDI Sport, 2014.

RIGHT.jpg
REAR 1.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First up is the exterior:
20% tint to the rear windows. As near to factory as possible. Work completed by Tint Master in Telford.
Tint Master

Wrap to the chrome around the windows. Work completed at the same time as the window tint by Tint Master in Telford.

Rear spoiler . Mercedes Genuine Stock part - Supplied by MB of Newcastle
Items in Mercedes and Smart Newcastle store on eBay !

Wheel Centres. Mercedes Genuine AMG Stock Part - On sale from Ebay.

Mud Guards. Mercedes Genuine Stock part - Supplied by MB of Shrewsbury

Painted the brake calipers red and attached MB heat resistant stickers - On sale from Ebay.

DSCF6249.JPG

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Next is a boot tray - Mercedes Genuine Stock part - Supplied by MB of Shrewsbury
This is a great quality tray. I decided to by the MB one because of its looks.

DSCF6254.JPG

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Final interior addition is this aluminium trim around the heater controls. Purchased from Ebay China.
This didn't fit initially, it kept coming away from the plastic surround due to poor quality double sided tape. I had to remove the self adhesive tape and replace it with some 3M double sided automotive tape, which worked a treat.

DSCF6245.JPG

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Next up is a front splitter. But they are not available other than a Brabus (really expensive) or Genuine MB (to thin).

If anyone knows of any other splitters available, please let me know?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I ordered the cupholder thingie. Actually your thread reminded me I ordered it because it has been a while, I completely forgot. How long did it take you to receive yours?

Btw, I love the trim around AC and that rear vent. They didn't look convincing in ebay pictures, but when you see the whole dash like that, it starts to make sense. Would love to see large-view picture of the dash, maybe taken from the back seat?

Have you considered this?

Although with your chrome AC trim installed it may be overkill. It's one or the other I think.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My car is at the Dealers being repaired. As soon as I get it back ( probably a weeks time) I will take a photo.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Some pics of my latest build stage.

220 CLA August 2017 Upload 1.jpg
220 CLA August 2017 Upload.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts