Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
So it seems as if you select the multimedia package you will automatically get the premium package. This doesn't make any sense at all.

I wonder if this will affect my pre-order. I only selected the multimedia package within my pre-order as I felt no need for the premium package. This merely puts the price of the car right at $39,000. If that's the case I can spend $40,000 on another brand for a much better car!

MB screwed this selection process up!

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
So it seems as if you select the multimedia package you will automatically get the premium package. This doesn't make any sense at all.

I wonder if this will affect my pre-order. I only selected the multimedia package within my pre-order as I felt no need for the premium package. This merely puts the price of the car right at $39,000. If that's the case I can spend $40,000 on another brand for a much better car!

Welcome to the world of luxury sedans. You can't have leather without the premium package either. Most dealers probably wouldn't pre-order a car without the Premium Package anyway. They know most MB buyers wouldn't buy a car without it and they don't want to buy a car that's going to sit on the lot. Most buyers in this market want things like dual zone climate control and a car without it is going to sit. Maybe they have to reset expectations based on the alleged "new type of buyer" walking into the showroom but I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon...at least not in the US. I could be wrong but only time will tell.

-Eric

·
Registered
30 Posts
So I end up with a just-shy-of $40K car, which is about what I expected. I'm disappointed though that the red stitching from the AMG isn't available; I thought the European site showed it as an option.

Meanwhile, anyone know what the deal is with the rear side airbags? They seem MIA.

·
Registered
90 Posts

Hmm I'm able to select them separately and in the case they both get selected I deselect one and the other stays. (EDIT: Nevermind must have been a fluke now I can't deselect them seperately. Weird) (EDIT2: Now I can! Maybe MB's website is not working properly)

This is a step in the right direction but since i'm looking for an AMG I'll patiently await a build for that. Although, while building a 250 I noticed the Ash Grey interior looks alot more well... Grey than it looked in the order guides posted here previously. I liked the Ash Grey from what I saw because it was more of a "white" interior. But maybe it's just MBUSA's site that's making it look that way.

Meanwhile, anyone know what the deal is with the rear side airbags? They seem MIA.
It appears they're standard.

"10-way air bag protection
Standard
An advanced system of 8 air bags offers 10-way occupant protection. Dual two-stage front air bags, front side-impact head/torso air bags, dual front knee air bags, and side curtain air bags for both seating rows are standard" - Off of MBUSA website

So with the 250 i'm able to goes balls to the wall with options and if I got what I want with that beautiful Patagonia Red it comes out to just shy of $40k. Not bad. It's just missing that AMG engine. :D

·
Registered
288 Posts
Mine would be $41465; Mountain Gray, Sport, Premium, Multimedia, Driver Assistance, and Xenons. Actually thats a very good price because C250s are pretty much in the 42-43k range for cars with decent equipment.

·
Registered
288 Posts

trust me you want the premium package; Harmon Kardon sound is worlds better than the stock system..not to mention the memory seats, multiple way adjustable front seats and dual climate control.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Oh jeez...so the Driver Assistance package on the CLA isnt the same one that is available on the C class and up. DISTRONIC doesnt have PRE-SAFE brake, and the blind spot and lane keeping assist are not Active, but only passive. In that case, its not worth it...better to just get the blind spot assist.

·
Registered
495 Posts
trust me you want the premium package; Harmon Kardon sound is worlds better than the stock system..not to mention the memory seats, multiple way adjustable front seats and dual climate control.
Yea I guess you're right. I called the fleet manager at the dealership today concerning my pre-order. My pre-order consisted of; Polar Silver Metallic, Black MB Tex, Bi-Xenon Headlamps, Sports & Multimedia Packages.

He basically advised me that my pre-order should not change despite what the build feature specifies. I actually have a factory installed Bose system in my current sound so I feel you on that.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I can't help but chuckle a bit that the CLA250 is listed under the "coupe" section.
Right? At first, looking under the sedan section, I couldn't find it. I was like am I missing it?

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
161 Posts
A little disappointed about the lack of configuration options and flexibility. Whatever happened to the stand alone packages (i.e. just rear view camera as an option)? I truly feel that the sporty styling, the xenon headlamps, and panoramic sunroof are must haves. With those options I'm already at a cool $35K. If I want to add premium audio and blind spot monitoring I'm almost at $40K. And this isn't counting title, taxes, and tags. It's looking very painful at this point. I'll get $10K for my trade and I was planning on putting down another $10K but this leaves the price of the car at $20 - $25K, which is way more than I would ever want to finance. I might have to wait and get one used or wait for a 2015 model. Also, the fact that the black AMG wheels are NOT an option is very disappointing. I would not want this car without the AMG wheels. What flexibility can we expect Mercedes and dealerships to offer in providing the AMG wheels as an option? I think someone said that you may be able to swap them out with the wheels that come with the sports package. Something tells me that this would be too easy though. And finally, unless you're in a very comfortable financial situation (which you probably are if you're buying MB) and cannot wait a few more weeks for this car, why would you ever preorder? Doesn't preordering totally hinder your buying power? Plus wouldn't you want to sit in the car and drive it at least once, just in case?

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Pre-order allows you the option but not the obligation to purchase. You order the car you want, or think you want. When it comes, then
you can negotiate for the best price and if all fails or if you really don't like the way the car looks, ask for your money back and the dealer will
just let someone else on the wait list buy one today so no one's feeling is hurt. This is also the reason why they generally don't want you to order
crazy combo like the northern light purple with brown interior without sunroof because no one would want that car.
Do beware this is California. Pre-order laws may be different elsewhere.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts