Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am new to this forum and I’ve had my Mercedes for nearly 3 years. Thank you for accepting me into the forum.

The issue I’m having at the moment is that I am feeling every single pothole and bump in the road and I feel like it is damaging the wheels and the tyres. I have been advised by my local garage that the tyre pressures are perfectly fine. The tyres are all continental 18’ 225/40 Z18 How can I resolve this? And is this normal. I have a Mercedes CLA 2018 to 220 D.

My tracking is also out a bit and pulls to the left. Very annoying on otherwise a great car.

The other issue I am having is that my wipers are juddering and very noisy. Garage says they are fine, but I reckon they are not. I have also been told they are not standard wipers and costs around £50 to replace.

Any advise and help is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi

I am new to this forum and I’ve had my Mercedes for nearly 3 years. Thank you for accepting me into the forum.

The issue I’m having at the moment is that I am feeling every single pothole and bump in the road and I feel like it is damaging the wheels and the tyres. I have been advised by my local garage that the tyre pressures are perfectly fine. The tyres are all continental 18’ 225/40 Z18 How can I resolve this? And is this normal. I have a Mercedes CLA 2018 to 220 D.

My tracking is also out a bit and pulls to the left. Very annoying on otherwise a great car.

The other issue I am having is that my wipers are juddering and very noisy. Garage says they are fine, but I reckon they are not. I have also been told they are not standard wipers and costs around £50 to replace.

Many thanks

Hi

Many thanks

Hi Robbie
I’ve had my CLA 250 since 2016 bought brand new. The wiper blades were also juddering and jumping across the screen it took my five months to notice as it hadn’t rained
FYI from Australia
I videoed the juddering and it also recorded the noisy scrapping I also took footage in slo-mo
Hi

Many thanks

Apology sent message took quickly
I took the footage to the dealer and stood my grounds and insisted the blades are replaced
Initially I was told it’s dust or they haven’t been used I insisted and mentioned an another car brand that I bought new had better wipers and the car was a quarter of the price good luck with this
Now for the tyres I swapped to Pirelli Dragon sports and for Aussie conditions much better
As for potholes try to go around any car will struggle unless it’s a massive SUV
Our tyres are low profile and you can fee everything
All the best
Miss Zed from Australia

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Robbie
I’ve had my CLA 250 since 2016 bought brand new. The wiper blades were also juddering and jumping across the screen it took my five months to notice as it hadn’t rained
FYI from Australia
I videoed the juddering and it also recorded the noisy scrapping I also took footage in slo-mo

Apology sent message took quickly
I took the footage to the dealer and stood my grounds and insisted the blades are replaced
Initially I was told it’s dust or they haven’t been used I insisted and mentioned an another car brand that I bought new had better wipers and the car was a quarter of the price good luck with this
Now for the tyres I swapped to Pirelli Dragon sports and for Aussie conditions much better
As for potholes try to go around any car will struggle unless it’s a massive SUV
Our tyres are low profile and you can fee everything
All the best
Miss Zed from Australia
Thanks for your reply. I will check the wipers out, we notice it pretty quickly over in England as we can’t go for one day without rain, let alone five months . As for the tyres, I may have to put up with it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for your reply. I will check the wipers out, we notice it pretty quickly over in England as we can’t go for one day without rain, let alone five months . As for the tyres, I may have to put up with it.

Good luck with the blades if you bought the car new the dealer eventually changed them for me
Enjoy driving !! Z

·
Registered
2,032 Posts

I also had the issue with the wipers when I first got my CLA 6 years ago. Changed out the wipers at the dealer, was a little better but not perfect. It has something to do with the glass windshield that mercedes provides with the CLA , not being compatible with the wiper material. Juddering is due a whole lot to the frictional contact of the blade with the windshield. I took my clar bar and clayed the windshield really well, then took some glass polish cream and polish it with my orbital polisher, it made a whole heck of a difference. Not perfect , but after a while of continued usage, the juddering went away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts