Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I bought a Mercedes CLA 200 2 weeks ago, and the car is fitted with the tyre pressure system.

I was looking on a website to buy new rims and they gave me a warning involving the tyre pressure sensors.

My question is : How does it work when i buy new tires and custom rims involving the tyre pressure sensors ?

Of course i want my tyre pressure system to still function so do i have to buy extra sensors for my new tyres or not ?

I also would like to know where the sensors are exactly located.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
9,702 Posts
A0009050030 is the sensor part ... dealer or ebay just make sure date code is 2018 or better
Just went thru this recently also ... trick is to “wake up” the new sensors with >46psi initial pressure, do short drive, watch for “reset tpms” option in gauge cluster (dont miss that!)
Then lower back to 36/32psi once readings show
The sensors are mounted inside right at the air valve (no more than 9Nm its aluminum) and must be pushed against the rim during tightening
Hope it all works out

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply man !

I recently learned i have the indirect sensors because my model is from 2013.

The company that sells tyres and custom rims told me this.

So i'm really happy because otherwise it would have been more expensive to change tyres/rims because i would need new sensors for each tyre.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agreed, i could try to put on the custom rims on the new tires myself but i'm afraid i might damage them.

But i'm just glad i don't have the direct TPMS. Because that would've been a pain in the ass whenever i want to buy new tyres or rims and when i need to change to winter tyres.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry for the late reply i just read your comment just now.

I'll post a picture of it on here tomorrow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts