Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Hope you're all safe where you are.

I'm going to preface and say I am very new to this world of car culture.

I'm so excited for this journey into the CLA fun.

I've acted quickly in regards to finding and sourcing cosmetic features for my new CLA and stoked to see it all come together.

I just have a few questions for the community if I may?

I've just bought a c118 Panamericana grille which looks amazing, and also a supposed compatible illuminated star ( bought from Amazon by motorfox) but upon trying to put it all together the star doesn't fit, it fits smaller🤷‍♀️

I'm in process with the store in sourcing of finding an exchange, but between the motorfox actual website and Amazon, both are showing incongruent information.

This is the grille

And these are the links for the star

CLA star

The star which is linked to my amazon purchase

Has anyone had any issues or may have links that will help fit the grille?

Thanks so much in advance everyone 😊

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
.....upon trying to put it all together the star doesn't fit, it fits smaller...‍♀
Welcome to the CLA Forum CLAn00b :)
Other members which see this, will have their own suggestions...
__
However, since neither of these parts are MB, one suggestion that you can try right now, is to contact "Bodykit Kingdom" and ask...
a) Which particular star they used for their photo? Then get that one.
b) What are the sizing specifications for the star aperture of their grille? Then select one that is the correct size.
(There are many illuminated stars and sizes - EBay, Amazon, Alibaba, etc.)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the CLA Forum CLAn00b :)
Other members which see this, will have their own suggestions...
__
However, since neither of these parts are MB, one suggestion that you can try right now, is to contact "Bodykit Kingdom" and ask...
a) Which particular star they used for their photo? Then get that one.
b) What are the sizing specifications for the star aperture of their grille? Then select one that is the correct size.
(There are many illuminated stars and sizes - EBay, Amazon, Alibaba, etc.)

Thanks so much for your reply Geo 😊🙏

I think comparably what I will do is try and cross reference between the models. I ironically live in an area where CLAs are a choice of car (imho a good one) hopefully no one will find me too weird if I ask 😅

Sincerely thanks again😊🙏

1 - 3 of 3 Posts