Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Guys!

I've just got a 2020 CLA 250, but opted out of the multimedia package, since it basically only contains a navigation system and a few extra surround cameras, and I plan on using carplay for any serious driving that I might need directions.

All was good and well, until the salesman mention on delivery that the car is retrofitted for navigation, it's just installing a SD card (that the dealership charges $700 for, no thank you). However, I've found that same card online for as little as $75.

since wireless carplay is currently not a thing, I was considering getting that retrofit navigation card and install it. Has anyone done this, is it the same navigation system as the MM package (except for the AR and other stuff, that I assume needs extra hardware)? And if anyone has done so, can you point me to where the SD card should be installed? I looked on the dash and inside the glovebox but didn't find any reasonable spot that it would be. (I confess I didn't look thoroughly though)

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just purchased a new MY20 CLA 250 as well, but did not get the option to have the nav turned on. I saw that it was deactivated via diagnostics with a date within settings, going to call dealership tomorrow to figure out how to go about getting it activated maybe? I also could not find a slot for an SD card.

·
Registered
448 Posts
The Navigation isn‘t the same... i‘ve the harddrive one and i drove one for testing without it. so there was no „Live Traffic“ it was slower had no predicting navigation. There are no OTA Updates for it and the animation and the MBUX integration wasen‘t as grade.

Have to say it was a part of the premium package for switzerland if you choose „bigger screen“ u have to choose this one and it allways come with the „hard drive“ version of it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts