Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a CLA 200 2017 I have owned from new always serviced on time and very well maintained not driven hard at all . I’ve recently had the engine light come took it to my mechanic he’s had a look at it and told me the fault is P003D which is a serious camshaft issue with only 60,000ks on the car I was quiet amazed has any body else experienced this problem .

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hi
I have a CLA 200 2017 I have owned from new always serviced on time and very well maintained not driven hard at all . I’ve recently had the engine light come took it to my mechanic he’s had a look at it and told me the fault is P003D which is a serious camshaft issue with only 60,000ks on the car I was quiet amazed has any body else experienced this problem .
These are common issues that trigger that code:
  • Camshaft variable timing solenoid failure
  • Engine oil level is too low
  • The engine oil does not meet the manufacturer's requirements
  • Variable valve timing actuator failure

·
Registered
210 Posts
I will , I can’t get it in for a week .
Man Im sorry, that stinks. If its a Camshaft variable timing solenoid, here in the states you can get it for about 150$ USD. Always replace the cheap things first. Thats the mistake I made when I had issues with my car turning off at idle and hesitating when under power. I replaced the fuel pump and sensor. When I replaced the sensor I saw there was a short on the old one, but it was too late.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts