Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am afraid the answer is going to be no but still wanted to ask. I checked the online configuration tool on cla250 mercedez benz site, and it only shows rear view camera available with multimedia package. I would like to have the rearview camera but wont need or use the other items in that package, so just wanted to ask.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I am afraid the answer is going to be no but still wanted to ask. I checked the online configuration tool on cla250 mercedez benz site, and it only shows rear view camera available with multimedia package. I would like to have the rearview camera but wont need or use the other items in that package, so just wanted to ask.
In Europe yes. Not in the US. At least not in 2014. I really want the back up camera but I am not willing to pay $2370 for it.
It may be a mandatory standard item on all US cars by 2015.

·
Registered
312 Posts
In Europe yes. Not in the US. At least not in 2014. I really want the back up camera but I am not willing to pay $2370 for it.
It may be a mandatory standard item on all US cars by 2015.
It's only $2370 more if you already want/have the Premium Pkg at another $2300, as you can't order the Multimedia without that upgrade first, crazy! The back up camera was originally supposed to be standard starting with all 2012 U.S. model year cars, if memory serves. But the auto industry keeps managing to get it delayed. With the high rear sill this car really needs one too and should come standard IMHO or at least a stand alone or dealer installed option.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
It's only $2370 more if you already want/have the Premium Pkg at another $2300, as you can't order the Multimedia without that upgrade first, crazy! The back up camera was originally supposed to be standard starting with all 2012 U.S. model year cars, if memory serves. But the auto industry keeps managing to get it delayed. With the high rear sill this car really needs one too and should come standard IMHO or at least a stand alone or dealer installed option.
Absolutely true !

·
Registered
42 Posts
uurrggghhh !!! I can't think about buying a new car without back-up camera... I absolutely do not want to spend ~$5000 for it.

Sooo need aftermarket versions

·
Registered
896 Posts
aftermarket theyll be 100-400 installed on non multi...ill have to do this ..and i will share

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
42 Posts
aftermarket theyll be 100-400 installed on non multi...ill have to do this ..and i will share

100-400 doesn't sound so bad ... there will be a lot folks in this forum very happy to get it ...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Please do share your experience on this thread if you get an after-market option.

·
Registered
294 Posts
There are some OEM Camera kits that can integrate with the onboard telematics and render the image on the built-in display for various MB models. The security system and stereo installers are installing these on other MB models. Do an internet search on "Mercedes backup camera" and you'll see tons of relevant hits. I would have to believe that a camera kit for the CLA will be available from the OEM market fairly soon. For people that are wanting a fairly basic model CLA, it's crazy to force them to buy $5K in options with the Premium Package + Multimedia Package.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Agree with this completely. In Canada, we have the option of buying a premium package (ordering code MPX) that includes:
Compass
Auto dimming mirrors
Power folding mirrors
Dual zone climate
Heated seats
Backup camera

The cost is just $1500. A no brainer in my opinion.....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sign me up as well. Another US buyer who wanted the factory installed backup camera but was wallet challenged to do so. I'll be watching this thread with interest.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm sure it won't be long for 3rd party to come out with this. Too many people want this. But its not coming from MB from what my dealer told me.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just want a rearview camera under $500, any solution?

screen 550 on ebay and I'll budget 450 for backup camera

fake mm package for 1k :)

·
Registered
896 Posts
someone just needs to post pics of the inputs behind the 5.8" screen... there may already be a camera input!

on c class they buy $50 eBay cameras and hook them up because the stock unit still has the input!

·
Registered
479 Posts
I work at an audio shop. Said backup camera is on the way. And my shop (well, me), Sound Sensations in Marietta, GA, will be slapping one in my car as soon as its available, me thinks. :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts