Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 MB
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to share with you about tactics the insurance can be regarding claims you might claim. I did get a new 2020 CLA220d last year. I opted to get an insurance by the dealership of which one of the financial advisers got one for me. Unfortunately when I was driving home, one of maintenance and service were busy along the road cutting grass and the stone hit my front right window. My claim was immediately authorised but after a day when making follow-up I was told they couldn't approve the quotation because when taking the insurance I did not disclose if my windows are tinted (smash and grad) so they are not going to cover smash and grab. I paid the smash and grab separately. Please make sure if you take insurance to disclose each and every details. Remember my insurance was taken by the financial adviser on my behalf at the dealership.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Seems to me that the dealer knew exactly what they sold you and should have reported it properly. Tell them that we think they should cover the window.
Also, do you know the details of the grass cutter and who he was working for...they caused the damage and have ultimate responsibility.
Those are the 2 avenues you might explore...clearly, we are advocating for you, our Forum brother.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts

·
Registered
2020 MB
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seems to me that the dealer knew exactly what they sold you and should have reported it properly. Tell them that we think they should cover the window.
Also, do you know the details of the grass cutter and who he was working for...they caused the damage and have ultimate responsibility.
Those are the 2 avenues you might explore...clearly, we are advocating for you, our Forum brother.
Yes I know the company caused the damage and have agreed to cover the expense which ever the insurance will pay for.
I thank you by advocating for me, I really appreciate.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Yes I know the company caused the damage and have agreed to cover the expense which ever the insurance will pay for.
I thank you by advocating for me, I really appreciate.
It is rewarding to the other Forum Members to see such positive results.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The last models of Mercedes that appeared are not as qualitative as the old ones. My father bought himself a new Mercedes-Benz GLS and it started to have problems with its engine after ten thousand miles. This is not normal for such an expensive car. The main problem was that the warranty didn't cover such kinds of problems. He repaired it from his own money and made and insurance for it. The insuring company said that there are a lot of people that already dealt with such a model of car. At least we know that this is a good insurance company because I insured here my Honda Civic.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Hi Max, Help the Members understand:
a) What model year was the GLS?
b) What year did he get to 10,000 miles and problems with the engine?
c) What were the exact engine problems?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for sharing this with us! I'd like to know what model year was the GLS? I got the GLS 350 2019 three days ago, and I wondered how much you have to pay for your insurance per month? In the past, I used services from companies like Hagerty, and I was very much disappointed, and I don't want to make the same mistake ever again. I was recommended by a co-worker to contact the guys from Motor Trade Insurance | Unicom Insurance Services. I've never heard about them before tho, but the website seems pretty cool. Have you guys heard about them? Did anyone use their services? If not, could you maybe recommend a good place from where I should get an insurance?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts