Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased my 2018 cla 45 amg and am noticing a loud whine when accelerating. It’s only there sometimes after I have been laying into it a bit. Car has 45,000 km on it so still fairly new I’ve put on 15,000 myself and only started noticing things recently. It sounds like possibly the clutch for the transmission but it’s so loud I can hear it in the cab over the exhaust when it’s turned on. I took it down to my local Mercedes dealer shop for a service and to have it looked at and they told me the noice was normal. So that’s why I’m here asking if anyone else has the same noise or has experienced this same thing.

thanks

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
...but it’s so loud I can hear it in the cab over the exhaust when it’s turned on. I took it down to my local Mercedes dealer shop for a service and to have it looked at and they told me the noice was normal....
Welcome to the CLA Forum Harryamg :)
Your description doesn't sound "normal"
Did you buy it from a MB dealer....certified or any kind of warranty?
a) Suggest you check for codes.
b) Consider getting a second opinion from a different MB dealer.
Other members may have opinions/suggestions.

Reactions: Picard

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dealership is the same one I purchased it from back February as a cpo. It does have factory warranty till October then I purchased the cpo warranty as well through this dealership. That’s why I’m trying to get this fixed before my factory warranty runs out.
That is my next step to get a different opinion from a good shop in the city here. Hopefully
If I get a diagnosis and bring it back to them they will honour the other mechanics word.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
....If I get a diagnosis...
Yes, get them to give you the list of codes with definitions and share them here with us.
Sounds like you have a good plan and we will see what other members say.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Suggestion request to take the car for a test drive with an MB mechanic. I did this recently to confirm my suspicions of a problem with the diff. If you can replicate the noise with the mechanic present it will be easier to escalate the issue within the dealer in a friendly way. Good Luck! Love my CLA

·
Registered
5 Posts
Recently purchased my 2018 cla 45 amg and am noticing a loud whine when accelerating. It’s only there sometimes after I have been laying into it a bit. Car has 45,000 km on it so still fairly new I’ve put on 15,000 myself and only started noticing things recently. It sounds like possibly the clutch for the transmission but it’s so loud I can hear it in the cab over the exhaust when it’s turned on. I took it down to my local Mercedes dealer shop for a service and to have it looked at and they told me the noice was normal. So that’s why I’m here asking if anyone else has the same noise or has experienced this same thing.

thanks
Hey I got my 2018 CLA45AMG 3 months ago, with 7k miles and it's making the same sounds when I'm accelerating... have checked for leaks and braking things...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am getting a second look at it from a trusted mechanic in my city this Monday. The problem is that it was making the exact noise and wasn’t showing any codes when I went for my test drive with the MB mechanic. Since there were no codes and the car drove fine the mechanic told me that it was normal. They did change the diff fluid and serviced the vehicle but still the same noise showed up that day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts