Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a CLA shooting brake Premium Plus 250e in Feb 2021. I was given a date of Sept 21, then Oct 21, then March 22...

Apparently my car is now at the port, however, I received the below from the dealer.

I do need to make you aware that sadly due to global component shortages, the following options are missing from the model range, Sadly these options cannot be retro fitted and there is no reduction in price.

Hands Free Access –ability to allow the driver to enter/lock the car when in close proximity to the car and by waving their foot to open the boot

Mid-Line Sound - Instead of Midline sound having 125W output, the standard fit system will have 100W

EASY PACK Tailgate
motorised open/closing of the boot, boot will have to be opened and shut manually

Wireless Charging – phone will be required to be charged via the USB cables

Augmented Navigation – activation of the front camera during navigation which overlays blue arrows within the live camera feed. All other features of the MBUX Nav remain unaffected

Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
2021 C118 4matic
22 Posts
I ordered a CLA shooting brake Premium Plus 250e in Feb 2021. I was given a date of Sept 21, then Oct 21, then March 22...

Apparently my car is now at the port, however, I received the below from the dealer.

I do need to make you aware that sadly due to global component shortages, the following options are missing from the model range, Sadly these options cannot be retro fitted and there is no reduction in price.

Hands Free Access –ability to allow the driver to enter/lock the car when in close proximity to the car and by waving their foot to open the boot

Mid-Line Sound - Instead of Midline sound having 125W output, the standard fit system will have 100W

EASY PACK Tailgate
motorised open/closing of the boot, boot will have to be opened and shut manually

Augmented Navigation – activation of the front camera during navigation which overlays blue arrows within the live camera feed. All other features of the MBUX Nav remain unaffected

Yes sir.

·
Registered
3 Posts

EASY PACK Tailgate

·
Super Moderator
142 Posts
This unfortunately is common. I think the only cars that may get the Burmester stereo during that period was the CLA45. I'm a little bit annoyed because I looked at the Mercedes USA website and they are showing augmented reality NAV as an option again.

·
Registered
Current Ride 2012 Mustang GT <> coming soon 2022 AMG CLA35
27 Posts
I just confirmed my order with my dealer in the States for a CLA 35.
No Burmester Sound system (kinda bummed)
No hands-free (kinda bummed)
No Multi-Spoke Matte Black Wheels (big bummer)
Was told no Augmented Nav then told it's available.
I'm scheduled for the third week of May.
Not sure if this means anything - this is filling a CLA allotted space for my dealer.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
As a customer, we can understand and appreciate the frustration with this supply chain issue... I would be frustrated as heck too... But it's happening to every other brand ... especially if the brand and model is a popular one, like Lexus.

I would imagine Mercedes would not have done this if they were able to rectify it and keep a happy customer...

·
Registered
2021 C118 4matic
22 Posts
Also, word is... MB is building more upper price point cars, E class, S class, new elec car, better SUVs, etc...those gain more margin dollars (maybe not in percentages but definitely in dollars). my dealer said their east coast buying network are strategically shifting to those cars. You will likely see less CLA's and C's. CLA and C builds are simply being compressed. MB business decision.

Now, none of that excuses them from changing features and not telling you for months, but thats kinda a separate issue. Luckily, i knew exactly what i was getting because the car was in front of me. Yes, my CLA also is missing a few normal features (garage door opener, hello!?).

·
Registered
2021 AMG CLA 45 S Digital White w/Performance Package
494 Posts
Not sure if this means anything - this is filling a CLA allotted space for my dealer.
In my experience, getting an allocated slot that the dealer already had in place is a massive plus given the current delays. I had a dealer slot given to me in April last year, got the car in September. Would have been quicker but it takes 40 days to sail from Germany to the butt end of the world where I live.

·
Registered
2021 C118 4matic
22 Posts
In my experience, getting an allocated slot that the dealer already had in place is a massive plus given the current delays. I had a dealer slot given to me in April last year, got the car in September. Would have been quicker but it takes 40 days to sail from Germany to the butt end of the world where I live.
Perhaps! But, the dealer purchased and was invoiced for a specific car with specific features. To not receive those features and then to not get a reduction in price as features didn’t ship seems very sketchy.

·
Super Moderator
142 Posts
Also, word is... MB is building more upper price point cars, E class, S class, new elec car, better SUVs, etc...those gain more margin dollars (maybe not in percentages but definitely in dollars). my dealer said their east coast buying network are strategically shifting to those cars. You will likely see less CLA's and C's. CLA and C builds are simply being compressed. MB business decision.

Now, none of that excuses them from changing features and not telling you for months, but thats kinda a separate issue. Luckily, i knew exactly what i was getting because the car was in front of me. Yes, my CLA also is missing a few normal features (garage door opener, hello!?).
Mercedes have already announced they are getting out of the small car market. So all those fwd based chassis cars... A, CLA, GLA, etc. are all going to disappear. They want to simplify their line up... that's why for example they're getting rid of the C and E class coupes and replacing it with one CLE coupe.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Mercedes have already announced they are getting out of the small car market. So all those fwd based chassis cars... A, CLA, GLA, etc. are all going to disappear. They want to simplify their line up... that's why for example they're getting rid of the C and E class coupes and replacing it with one CLE coupe.
Where is this announcement

·
Registered
2021 AMG CLA 45 S Digital White w/Performance Package
494 Posts
Perhaps! But, the dealer purchased and was invoiced for a specific car with specific features. To not receive those features and then to not get a reduction in price as features didn’t ship seems very sketchy.
I agree. I was lucky, the allocated slot build had everything I wanted (although I did get to change the paint colour), and I just got it built before they started removing options, so I have nothing to complain about.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
...Sadly...there is no reduction in price...
"Dem is fight'n words pilgrim!"
a) Suggest holding your ground to the refunded value of the agreed cost of those features.
b) Talk with the guys at MBUK if necessary...Tell them about the ad you are planning for the SUN or TIMES.
c) How is the reputation of BMW in the UK...as an alternate choice?

·
Super Moderator
142 Posts
Where is this announcement
"Dem is fight'n words pilgrim!"
a) Suggest holding your ground to the refunded value of the agreed cost of those features.
b) Talk with the guys at MBUK if necessary...Tell them about the ad you are planning for the SUN or TIMES.
c) How is the reputation of BMW in the UK...as an alternate choice?
He doesn't have much power. If he walks away from the deal... someone else will buy the car. And BMW part shortages are even worse than Merc. BMW is even removing things like touchscreens and active cruise control from their cars.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Crester > He has nothing to lose by standing for his rights to recover the agreed costs.
Moral issues are sometimes difficult for some to understand and also have the courage to stand for.
We should encourage the high road in this case IMO.

(Also, I stand with the truckers 👍)

Reactions: Crester
1 - 20 of 41 Posts