Mercedes CLA Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Is it tho? It just means you can't open your trunk by passing your foot under the bumper.
OP reads as if Keyless Go is also part of the deletion.

Hands Free Access –ability to allow the driver to enter/lock the car when in close proximity to the car and by waving their foot to open the boot

Sure if the foot waving isn’t there it might not be the end of the world but if keyless door access is also deleted that’s what I’m talking about..

·
Registered
Current Ride 2012 Mustang GT <> coming soon 2022 AMG CLA35
27 Posts
Concerning my local dealer and them working with me to get the car I want…
I'm very impressed.

My salesperson and the GM sat down with me 'live' and converted their CLA allocation spot to a CLA35. This should be standard business practice—but, in today's environment, it seems customer service is a lost art at some dealerships. I could tell you a story about my experience trying to order a new Bronco at my local Ford dealership.

Concerning dealer allocation spots. What I've read on the forums seems to be correct. My dealer has an allocation for a 45 on the 3rd week of April, as mentioned my allocation is the 3rd week of May.

I'm curious to see what this means for my production window? Would love anyone's thoughts?

My dealership's guess is three months, including shipping to the port in Georgia, and a short trek to South Carolina.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Apparently my car is now at the port, however, I received the below from the dealer.

I do need to make you aware that sadly due to global component shortages, the following options are missing from the model range, Sadly these options cannot be retro fitted and there is no reduction in price.

Hands Free Access –ability to allow the driver to enter/lock the car when in close proximity to the car and by waving their foot to open the boot

Mid-Line Sound - Instead of Midline sound having 125W output, the standard fit system will have 100W

EASY PACK Tailgate
motorised open/closing of the boot, boot will have to be opened and shut manually

Wireless Charging – phone will be required to be charged via the USB cables

Augmented Navigation – activation of the front camera during navigation which overlays blue arrows within the live camera feed. All other features of the MBUX Nav remain unaffected

Has anyone else experienced this?
[/QUOTE]
I ordered a CLA shooting brake Premium Plus 250e in Feb 2021. I was given a date of Sept 21, then Oct 21, then March 22...

Apparently my car is now at the port, however, I received the below from the dealer.

I do need to make you aware that sadly due to global component shortages, the following options are missing from the model range, Sadly these options cannot be retro fitted and there is no reduction in price.

Mid-Line Sound - Instead of Midline sound having 125W output, the standard fit system will have 100W

EASY PACK Tailgate
motorised open/closing of the boot, boot will have to be opened and shut manually

Augmented Navigation – activation of the front camera during navigation which overlays blue arrows within the live camera feed. All other features of the MBUX Nav remain unaffected

Yup same here....i ordered a CLA200 PREMIUM PLUS in Oct 2021 and has just shipped from factory with reduced features. Its a good job i did my research and therefore cancelled my order. I'll wait until the situation improves....it is a beautiful car inside out so worth the wait.

·
Super Moderator
146 Posts
I saw a TikTok vid from an American sales man of a GLB and was shocked to see the cars had manual seats. The sales guy who made the video said he it was the first time he's even seen an American spec Mercedes with manual seats. He also showed the rear tail gate was manual.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It would appear that my CLA 250 P+ which was ordered in August 2021 is now ready for collection. No one is saying what equipment is missing, but most of us now accept that we have or will be short changed when it comes to what we receive, as opposed to what was ordered.
My issue now is, do I?
A. refuse to accept the car unless I am adequately compensated for the missing equipment. (can't see that working as there is no problem for them to resell the vehicle.)
B. Accept the vehicle and then start a fight with the supplier and MB over appropriate remuneration.

Was it not Mercedes Benz who used the phrase "Joyous Anticipation" to describe purchasing one of their new vehicles?
I can can think of several more apt phrases.

·
Registered
2021 C118 4matic
22 Posts
It would appear that my CLA 250 P+ which was ordered in August 2021 is now ready for collection. No one is saying what equipment is missing, but most of us now accept that we have or will be short changed when it comes to what we receive, as opposed to what was ordered.
My issue now is, do I?
A. refuse to accept the car unless I am adequately compensated for the missing equipment. (can't see that working as there is no problem for them to resell the vehicle.)
B. Accept the vehicle and then start a fight with the supplier and MB over appropriate remuneration.

Was it not Mercedes Benz who used the phrase "Joyous Anticipation" to describe purchasing one of their new vehicles?
I can can think of several more apt phrases.
Depending on exactly what ends up “missing”, I’d go with option B!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
...My issue now is, do I?...
At this point neither A or B.
Suggest that Step 1 should be to visit your MB dealer and review the actual build sheet and determine what exactly is missing, if anything at all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Unlocking and locking the car, and also starting the cat without needing to touch the key is still within the specs of new models. They haven’t got rid of this.

Dealer said that the keyless go function and keyless start is still a thing on 2022 models.

“KEYLESS-GO with chrome insert on door handle. Doors can be locked and unlocked simply by touching the handle – with no need for you to take the key out of your pocket”

·
Registered
15 Posts
Took delivery of my new CLA 250 P+ yesterday, exactly 7 months after ordering.
Here's the situation with regard to the missing equipment:

This vehicle was ordered from the UK catalogue current from July 2021 - Jan 2022, this document makes no mention of AR Nav, Mid Range Audio or Wireless Charging. Memory Seats are mentioned however and these are missing from my vehicle.
The seats are fully manual except for the Lumber Support which is electric. one other slight change is the removal of one of the two USB ports under the centre armrest. (there is now only one USB C port under there).
The Memory Seat deletion was pointed out immediately by the Dealership and I have accepted 2 years free servicing in Lieu of the seats, as I'm the only driver this was no great sacrifice.
However.
This car is far more than the sum of it's parts, it drives like a dream and forget all the youtube videos. This thing looks stunning, especially at night.
I would say to anyone considering cancelling their order "Think carefully before you do" I'm now so glad I didn't when I was so close to doing so.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Took delivery of my new CLA 250 P+ yesterday, exactly 7 months after ordering.
Here's the situation with regard to the missing equipment:

This vehicle was ordered from the UK catalogue current from July 2021 - Jan 2022, this document makes no mention of AR Nav, Mid Range Audio or Wireless Charging. Memory Seats are mentioned however and these are missing from my vehicle.
The seats are fully manual except for the Lumber Support which is electric. one other slight change is the removal of one of the two USB ports under the centre armrest. (there is now only one USB C port under there).
The Memory Seat deletion was pointed out immediately by the Dealership and I have accepted 2 years free servicing in Lieu of the seats, as I'm the only driver this was no great sacrifice.
However.
This car is far more than the sum of it's parts, it drives like a dream and forget all the youtube videos. This thing looks stunning, especially at night.
I would say to anyone considering cancelling their order "Think carefully before you do" I'm now so glad I didn't when I was so close to doing so.
Thanks for the update—
My build for a CLA35 is scheduled for the third week of May.
My dealer says right now the only things I'm not getting are the multi-spoke matte black rims and the Burmester stereo. Oddly he said I am getting the Augmented Nav, I would rather have the stereo.

To your last point it's going to take a lot of missing things for me to not accept this car when it arrives.

If anyone has a suggestion of where to look for a plug-play solution to enhance the sound of the standard AMG stereo system— I will be very thankful. I'm surprised that there is a lack of info on upgrading a CLA's stereo.

·
Banned
0 Posts
I ordered a CLA shooting brake Premium Plus 250e in Feb 2021. I was given a date of Sept 21, then Oct 21, then March 22...

EASY PACK Tailgate

Call corporate they have to modify the price, every other dealer and their webpage had even been. Updated to show that in some instances. I would asked corporate b4 i took custody of car . Don't know what they can offer after the fact. Ask for a free day at the track if that interests you or anything if they not willing give you money . They gave me 2k off my car just for having deal with all headaches. The midline sound I'd 850$ lol ya they have to refund you. In usa thsts illegal . Furthermore they can be retrofitted as people have had headunit issues and its no different than replacing headunit and adding camera they even have pdf for retrofit in WIS . Anyways hope this helps
Font Material property Parallel Paper Paper product

Font Parallel Pattern Paper Paper product

·
Registered
15 Posts
Amongst all the missing bits i just found this little Easter egg today which made me smile.

If you have touch sensitive locking/unlocking, (that's the chrome handles with a small indentation.)
When you lock the doors by touching the small tab on the handle, if the windows or roof are open, keep your finger in place and they all close automatically.!
I know it's not much but it made my day.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Amongst all the missing bits i just found this little Easter egg today which made me smile.

If you have touch sensitive locking/unlocking, (that's the chrome handles with a small indentation.)
When you lock the doors by touching the small tab on the handle, if the windows or roof are open, keep your finger in place and they all close automatically.!
Should work from the key fob too by pressing and holding down the lock button. And on the flip side, if it’s a hot day and you’re walking up to the car you can press and hold the unlock button to unroll all the windows to let all the hot air out while you walk up.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
...I know it's not much but it made my day.
Most of us here have earlier models and we are always interested in the newer Easter Eggs...
Be sure to read your manual cover to cover to find more of them.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts

Yeah for most of us early model CLAs with the fully loaded options, we got that too. Always good to see things "as a half cup full". This supply chain issue is hitting every industry and with the current instability in the Ukraine region, these global supply chain issues will likely continue for a while. Unless you are buying a highly limited luxury super car (< 10 total in production, eg. Pagani, Bugatti or koenisegg), any mass produced car with lots of loaded options these days will have supply chain issues. Frustrating as it may be, car manufacturers and dealerships are at the mercy of the supply chain vendors. If you are working in the supply chain domain, and are good at securing highly sought after components, you will have a very lucrative and secure job, but so stressful.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My CLA45 just went from green order status to yellow order status.
I made a couple of changes — added the Dynamic Plus Package.
It looks like heading into my production slot; I'm getting the Lite versions of the Multimedia Package and the Dynamic Plus Package. I'm good with that.

Now comes the waiting — I'm told to keep my expectations to 6-8 weeks for production to delivery.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah for most of us early model CLAs with the fully loaded options, we got that too. Always good to see things "as a half cup full". This supply chain issue is hitting every industry and with the current instability in the Ukraine region, these global supply chain issues will likely continue for a while. Unless you are buying a highly limited luxury super car (< 10 total in production, eg. Pagani, Bugatti or koenisegg), any mass produced car with lots of loaded options these days will have supply chain issues. Frustrating as it may be, car manufacturers and dealerships are at the mercy of the supply chain vendors. If you are working in the supply chain domain, and are good at securing highly sort after components, you will have a very lucrative and secure job, but so stressful.
Several years from now when some of these vehicles bought today hit the used car market it's gonna get very messy!

·
Registered
30 Posts
My CLA45 just went from green order status to yellow order status.
I made a couple of changes — added the Dynamic Plus Package.
It looks like heading into my production slot; I'm getting the Lite versions of the Multimedia Package and the Dynamic Plus Package. I'm good with that.

Now comes the waiting — I'm told to keep my expectations to 6-8 weeks for production to delivery.
What’s getting pulled from the Dynamic Plus Package?

21 - 40 of 41 Posts