Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I have a 2014 cla 220 automatic

today with the great weather I decided too cruise a little. After driving in sport for most of the time the car suddenly went into eco mode while driving. I drove a little like this and when I got home and parked I tried putting it back in sport. the car won’t go back into sport or manual again. I even disconnected the car completely and turned it back on but nothing. Anyone ever had this? Is this a big problem or just a software one?

I hope it’s just something small as this car has cost me a fortune already in maintenance and repair...
Thanks in advance!

grtz

·
Registered
867 Posts
Vinar,
Have you had a chance to check for codes?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vinar,
Have you had a chance to check for codes?
No sadly not. I don’t really know a lot of the mechanics of a car. If it persists I guess it’s off to my trusty dealer... I just had a big maintenance 2 months ago

·
Registered
867 Posts
Strongly suggest you go to any mechanics shop and have them check for codes. They will plug in a code reader under the dash and identify what your car's computer system is recognizing as potential faults to be addressed.
In the US, some auto parts stores are willing to perform this at no charge.

It probably was done at your last visit to your MB dealer for maintenance - check with your Service Advisor to see if you can get a copy...ask him to explain the codes on the list which affect your issue.

Anyway, that is my suggestion...we will see if other members have experienced this same problem.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Since the issue is appearing for the first time you will be able to compare the new list to the previous list to see which code is appearing for the first time.
Was it a MB dealer which performed the last maintenance?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the information. Now I just started the car again after one hour and everything works fine again! Really strange. Today its really hot here so maybe it’s just a malfunction. Anyway I drove it for a bit in sport and it went really smooth. So I will check up on it again later and see if it still is okay! Thanks again for the help! The car never gave any issues on the dash and I always bring in my car at my trusty official mb dealer. Never will do it somewhere else. They are quite good and very friendly/proffesional

kr

·
Registered
867 Posts
Great!
My suggestions above remain valid and you should attempt to get a code reading at your next opportunity. Best of luck to you! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts