Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
6 weeks ago my car cut out on a roundabout and wouldn鈥檛 start, the starter motor tries but it just won鈥檛 fire. 6 weeks on its now been to 2 garages and they can鈥檛 work out what鈥檚 wrong with it, no error codes, they have tested the battery, fuel system, ignition system, electrics, timing, the latest is they think some of the injectors are stuck open and sending them to get tested.
Now been without my car for 6 weeks and it鈥檚 starting to really annoy me, anyone got any suggestions? Any common issues or anyone had the same/similar with their car? It鈥檚 a 220d it鈥檚 only 4 years old with 50k miles on the clock

Registered
... its now been to 2 garages and they can鈥檛 work out what鈥檚 wrong with it, no error codes,...anyone got any suggestions...
Suspect fuel quality?
Also suspect dirty filters?
Hard to believe "no codes" > was that from a MB dealer? When was it last serviced/maintained at an MB dealer?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Suspect fuel quality?
Hard to believe "no codes" > was that from a MB dealer? When was it last serviced/maintained at an MB dealer?
It was serviced a couple of months ago at a garage (not a MB dealer) and the filters were changed and also have been checked and changed again in troubleshooting the issues. When RAC came out when the car first stopped they plugged in and no error codes, then both garages the car has been to have also plugged in and found no error codes

Registered
Suspect fuel quality?
Hard to believe "no codes" > was that from a MB dealer?
When was it last serviced/maintained at an MB dealer?
Sounds like it has never been serviced at an MB dealer.
In your case Chrissweet with the life dangers posed on you by unexplained cutting out and stoppage, suggest you immediately book or tow your CLA at/to MB.
Other Members will offer their opinions, when they see this.

Registered
6 weeks ago my car cut out on a roundabout and wouldn鈥檛 start, the starter motor tries but it just won鈥檛 fire. 6 weeks on its now been to 2 garages and they can鈥檛 work out what鈥檚 wrong with it, no error codes, they have tested the battery, fuel system, ignition system, electrics, timing, the latest is they think some of the injectors are stuck open and sending them to get tested.
Now been without my car for 6 weeks and it鈥檚 starting to really annoy me, anyone got any suggestions? Any common issues or anyone had the same/similar with their car? It鈥檚 a 220d it鈥檚 only 4 years old with 50k miles on the clock
I had mine cut out at about 63K miles, would start but wouldn't idle and under load it felt slugish, it ended up being a fuel pressure sensor.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like it has never been serviced at an MB dealer.
In your case Chrissweet with the life dangers posed on you by unexplained cutting out and stoppage, suggest you immediately book or tow your CLA at/to MB.
Other Members will offer their opinions, when they see this.
It has always been previously serviced by a MB dealer up until the warranty expired (3 years) so it鈥檚 only had 1 service that wasn鈥檛 a MB main dealer, MB wanted to charge 拢600 for a service so I took it to another garage who charged me 拢180 and used all genuine Mercedes parts. The car has always worked perfectly and this is the first issue I鈥檝e had, it was running fine up until the point it cut out. This post was just to see if anyone has had the same issue or if there is a common issue with this car/engine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts