Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently bought my stock 2017 FWD through Carvana, about 7000 miles ago. I take my car in for service and ask to rotate my tires. They noted that I had 245’s on the FRONT and 225’s in the rear!! The dealership assumes Carvana ordered a staggered set and realized the 245’s wouldn’t fit on the rear properly, so put them on the front. This is causing a slight rub on the strut (but no damage yet). My question is, what would it take to use the 245’s in the rear? I have the 18” rims. 10mm wheel spacer? Has anyone fit these on?

·
Registered
11,350 Posts
Stock 18s ... but which ones? The 7.5/52 or 8.0/48?
The 225 / 245 staggered set sounds like the old c class setup

·
Registered
11,350 Posts
Interesting ... a sumitomo 245/40 on the stock 18x7.5_52 rim
If that indeed rubs a rear suspension component this is a good data point to know
Anyway the stock 18s are the above size and 18x8.0_48
A 235/40 works on either based on what folks have mounted already, and per factory mounts

So put the 245s back at the rear and maybe a 5mm spacer?

Surprised its that tight at the back ...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the input, I’d love to use the tire as they are essentially new, at least until I need new ones. So in your opinion and experience the 5mm spacer would work? I’d be afraid of fender rub with anything above 10mm.

·
Registered
11,350 Posts
The rear camber with stock rim and 245 and 5mm spacer “should” clear
Get from amazon or shop with return policy in case 5mm aint the correct spacing needed
Of course run clearance checks on front and back of tire before driving test

ps - quite a few have used 10mm spacers already ... and dont forget correspondingly longer bolts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts