Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I looked in the forum but couldnt find something specific to this.

I got the message for "Check right brake lamp" so it turns out a bulb is gone. Btw, my taillights are bulbs, not leds. I want to buy the bulb and do it myself, but I need to know the specific bulb that I need (?). Its specifications and all.

I thought I might create this thread for future users and for me lol.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9,873 Posts
Easiest way is to look at both lamps during operation (a buddy will help) and pull the dead one ... should have markings on it
Manual has a replacing bulbs section with info there too

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Easiest way is to look at both lamps during operation (a buddy will help) and pull the dead one ... should have markings on it
Manual has a replacing bulbs section with info there too
I found it a little difficult to get the grid out (the plastic holding the bulbs). But I know what you mean, I just wanted to get the bulbs first, yeah.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I found it a little difficult to get the grid out (the plastic holding the bulbs). But I know what you mean, I just wanted to get the bulbs first, yeah.
Can I ask how you got the bulb holder grid out? I have the replacement bulbs (Pep Boys can look them up based on the car model) but can’t get the plastic grid to pop out so I can replace them. Tried to ask the dealer but they said I’d need to schedule a service appt which seems ridiculous. Any tips would be much appreciated!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts