Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not happy about that. Have a call into the dealer/service. Anyone want to take a guess what the issue is?

·
Registered
64 Posts
This appears to be the 3rd issue I've seen on the forum. So far I'm not impressed with MB.
Seriously! Engine light, shifting problems (white CLA on flatbed), some problem/delay with edition 1s. MB is really dropping the ball here. Hard to stay excited when all my naysayers telling me that first year model is a dangerous purchase are coming true...

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Filling up the gas tank with the engine running will make the check engine light go off, but my rep told me about that.

·
Registered
122 Posts
that's just stupid, I'm sorry but all fuel stations prohibit a running engine when filling up!

Mercedes-Benz CLA220 CDI AMG Sport (14th Sep) in Cirrus White
Pano Sunroof; Exclusive Interior Package; Memory Package; Mirror Package; Intelligent Light System; Drive-kit Plus... yummy yum yum!

Sent from my iPad using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
896 Posts
that stinks man....

but to others, don't let issues on forums get too much into ur head yet... i see complaints that 3 ppl already have problems.... isn't there 2500 members here ? aren't there a couple more smaller cla forums?

aren't there people who bought the car and will never use a forum ?

·
Registered
896 Posts
if you work at a car dealership you would know that they fill up cars that have just been jump started at the gas station all day everyday . cars that sit on lots die over time and need to be jump started when someone buys it.

you have to leave the car running or else it will die again at the pump

I personally done this over 100 times and never a check engine light on multiple makes.....

all except benz pretty much lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
While it sucks for the OP, this is a new platform. And those who want to be early adopters have to realize that there will be a chance that you will experience some first year issues. And believe me I'm not standing up for MB, it's that I realize things happen, especially on new platforms, and if not for this form you would never know about the OP CEL, or the white CLA on a flat bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Things do happen in life, and with cars, , and in the grand scheme of things, this is a very small issue. The dealer called and I have a 7:30 appt on Monday.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Things do happen in life, and with cars, , and in the grand scheme of things, this is a very small issue. The dealer called and I have a 7:30 appt on Monday.
Honestly guys, I have been filling up for a decade or more with the engine running. Haha.. Just laziness, I guess.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Honestly guys, I have been filling up for a decade or more with the engine running. Haha.. Just laziness, I guess.
Same here bro. I don't know what has changed from before to when they started saying "shut engine off".

·
Registered
67 Posts
When I did the quick test drive, we had to stop for gas before we did anything. It was filled out with the engine running. Or well, not, it may have shut itself off, but I didn't turn the car off.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Ceb good luck, having the warranty and loaner car softens the blow somewhat. And that's my take on it, big picture, it's a car with a CEL, not a life threatening medical diagnosis.

·
Registered
534 Posts
This is why I bought a Scangauge that connects to the OBDII connector - reads and resets engine error codes.

This device can also read and display multiple engine functions and data.

Good investment for around $120.

·
Registered
339 Posts
ScanGauge II is excellent.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
If you cant wait till monday go to oreilly or autozone.. They will let you borrow a scan gauge for free t get the cel code.

1 - 20 of 181 Posts