Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I am new to this forum as I am looking for a CLA. In my country I have found great deals but the cars have low mileage/kilometers on them. They range between 13' and 14' plates. That is why I am little bit afraid that cars with these plates, logically can't have under 60K kilometers/ 37K miles. I am afraid that they are clocked. It is forbidden nowadays but some people still do it. I was having a discussion with my colleague like week ago about clocking and he told me that if the odometer was clocked for lower mileage it can be still found somewhere else. My question is, where are the mileage data stored and what/who can read them. Will be enough just taking the car to authorised MB dealership? Could a car guy read those true mileage data as well if he had good equipment?

Thanks for every info, I am also planning on making a detailed YouTube guides on different how to regarding the CLA as it can help to tons of people and I am so in love with this car. I love it when I find something about car on YouTube and it is detailed guide on how to do it yourself. Just like here on this forum, I love the DIY tutorials step by step.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I dont know for the if you can check elsewhere for the mileage, but find the car you want, ask for a pre-purchase inspection, carfax and Mercedes for service history. If you can't find any history for the car with that, maybe it is suspicious.

·
Registered
10,542 Posts
If you can track down service records the chrono will give an idea of the actual mileage
Some do have low mileage ... mine is at 24340mi over 5.9yrs

·
Registered
535 Posts
Mine is a ‘15 and five years old and I 25,000 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
my slk that i have at the moment is a 2005 with only 46000 miles and i have owned it for the last 10 years, so low mileage cars do exists i do about 2000 miles a year in it

·
Registered
10,542 Posts
I recall a fellow member was selling a 15 or 16 silver CLA sport with like 5000mi in 18 or 19 ... that would have been a deal

edit : was a 15 sport+ with <500 mi (!!) sold in 17

1 - 8 of 8 Posts