Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!
I'm new to this forum and have had a lot of help with small modifications and improvements on my CLA 180 2014 model. Have bought a lot of chrome details interior and the illuminated star and am also concidering upgrading to an android screen. Firstly I'm considering to tune the car to maybe get some better gas mileage and extra oumph factor.

The chiptuning will take the car from 122 to 175 bhp and from 200 to 300nm which sounds to me like a noticeable difference (?). The cla 200 has the same engine so I doubt chiptuning will somehow overdue the wear on the car (depending on my driving of course). I'm wondering if this is worth it? Do anyone have any experience they would like to share?

Will the car be more aggressive when I would like it to and more efficient during long drives? Do anyone have any stats to back it up?

I remember seeing a video of someone chiptuning their car and getting pretty much the exact same 0-60 time. Seems like a waste of money then even tho 100nm more should matter ?

·
Registered
453 Posts
hmm how many KM or miles do you have on your car? Above 50k i would not recommand a tuning box. It‘s wrong to say the 200 engine is the same, they don‘t have 1:1 the same parts and don‘t differ only at the tune of it. i would go for a remapping because these boxes are made in the opinion every engine is 1:1 the same....
And speaking of lifetime the mapping is the“safer“ way to do it...

·
Registered
11 Posts
If the tuning box does not throw an EML light it is obviously working within the set parameters which are coded into the ECU and is safe. If any sensor goes outside of those set parameters a EML is shown on the dash. An example is a fault code for the MAF of P0102 which sets when the ECM detects a low voltage output from the Mass Air flow Sensor).
My car passed it`s MOT with the tuning box in place and met all emissions requirements.

Before making Judgment do some research, the advantage of a tuning box is it can be removed within 5 minutes and does not mess with the actual coding within the EMU. When I ordered mine it was for a 184BHP engine, I have the same engine in the Coup`e but tuned to 156BHP, I suggested to Bluespark that I might try it in the lessor tuned car, they did not recommend it as it may be outside of the parameters of that 156BHP tuned engine.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1351829

1 - 6 of 6 Posts