Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I only purchase my 2013 CLA180 AMG Sports in March this year. it had 39000 on the clock. I was driving this afternoon when all of a sudden the car would not move when i stopped at a set of traffic lights. i engaged the gear but i could hear when i released my foot from the clutch was a spinning noise from the engine, but the car wouldn't move.

I turned off the engine and started it again but same problem. i was in real shock as i never expected this car to let me down in this way. Now i don't know what the problem might be.
My suspicion falls on the Clutch or maybe the Gear box. Please anyone experienced such issues with the CLA180? Thanks

Information i forgot to add is that while the engine is running, the gear stick could be shifted into gear 1, 2 and even reverse without depressing the clutch and the car still doesn't move.

Now i am sure someone will have an idea of what is happening here! Thanks again for reading.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just to give you an update. it turned out to be my Clutch disc. So i needed a replacement. Mercedes dealership gave me a quote of £750 for parts and £2350 for labour. Other mechanics gave me a quote which averaged out at £1800 for parts and labour. I was now faced with the dilemma of who to fit the new clutch. I decided to do it myself with assistance from my brother. We took out the gear box casing to have a look at the clutch. The Clutch and Disc were completely worn out and this was attributed to the way the previous owner had driven the car.
We also decided to replace the Concentric central slave cylinder as it had a little play to the bearing. These parts cost £500 from Europarts. They were exactly the same make as the one taken off my CLA180 except that mine had the Mercedes logo on it.
We had it fitted and my car is back on the road.
The Mercedes dealerships i had to deal with are a complete RIP-OFF and very unsympathetic towards their customers. So imagine this whole job had cost me £500 and my time. I am very happy with what i have done

. 20181024_121354.jpg 20181024_121355.jpg 20181024_121406.jpg

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
oh wow I did not consider you had a stick shift ... then the clutch as culprit makes sense
Good for you ... glad you beat this problem at its own game ... :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts