Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, when I was driving, the start stop system came on and immediately my COMAND screen went off.

Then it started rebooting, but was "working", the sound played and was running "normal" for like 30 seconds, except for the reboot.

Today I went to a repair store and I've made some test on both batteries, the main was fine and the auxiliar is half healthy.

Sintoms:
  • The ECO indicator is yellow, the start stop is not working anymore;
  • I never hear the hard drive booting anymore;
  • The "ON" main button keeps blinking slowly, but I can see the light only during night;
  • I can't connect to my blueooth by my phone (I suppost the system is not booting);
  • The car is working fine but the whole media/COMAND is off;
  • The car don't have any kind of battery alert on panel.

PS:
- I've installed a module for closing/opening my door glass;

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yesterday, when I was driving, the start stop system came on and immediately my COMAND screen went off.

Then it started rebooting, but was "working", the sound played and was running "normal" for like 30 seconds, except for the reboot.

Today I went to a repair store and I've made some test on both batteries, the main was fine and the auxiliar is half healthy.

Sintoms:
  • The "ON" main button keeps blinking slowly, but I can see the light only during night;
  • I can't connect to my blueooth by my phone (I suppost the system is not booting);

PS:
Try using the "hold" function. Where the car holds the brake for you.
Put the car in drive, make sure the parking break is off, press the break and then press it further. You should see a hold icon pop up on your dash. If that doesn't work, might be the aux battery needing replacement. Ive had my screen go black before, I usually just let the car sit overnight and that fixed the issue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try using the "hold" function. Where the car holds the brake for you.
Put the car in drive, make sure the parking break is off, press the break and then press it further. You should see a hold icon pop up on your dash. If that doesn't work, might be the aux battery needing replacement. Ive had my screen go black before, I usually just let the car sit overnight and that fixed the issue.
Thanks for the tip! The hold break feature is working fine.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Thanks for the tip! The hold break feature is working fine.
Then your aux battery is fine, which also controls the auto start stop function. Maybe trying going to the dealership. I remember reading people had this issue before, Mercedes did a software update and it fixed it for them. One more thing you can try is completely disconnecting your battery for 5 minutes or so, see if that fixes your issue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Then your aux battery is fine, which also controls the auto start stop function. Maybe trying going to the dealership. I remember reading people had this issue before, Mercedes did a software update and it fixed it for them. One more thing you can try is completely disconnecting your battery for 5 minutes or so, see if that fixes your issue.
I've tried to force a reboot disconnecting the battery, now my clock is out of sync and I cannot fix it haha, I'll post a video about the issue.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've tried to force a reboot disconnecting the battery, now my clock is out of sync and I cannot fix it haha, I'll post a video about the issue.

At this point just take it to the dealer might just be a software update it needs.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Sintoms:

PS:
The same thing happened to me previously, wherein the screen went blank and the system rebooted. In my case it was the aux battery and after the replaced that and reset my system all was well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My CLA is at the dealership right now, both batteries are fine, they suspect my radio is gone.

They have suggested to search for an used unit or import a new one (iam from brazil).

·
Registered
155 Posts
My CLA is at the dealership right now, both batteries are fine, they suspect my radio is gone.

They have suggested to search for an used unit or import a new one (iam from brazil).
Ebay has tons for sale, or you might as well upgrade to the bigger android touchscreen.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ebay has tons for sale, or you might as well upgrade to the bigger android touchscreen.
I'm seriously thinking about an upgrade, since I'm having all this work. But those aftermarket screens works well? I don't need the radio module working before?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm seriously thinking about an upgrade, since I'm having all this work. But those aftermarket screens works well? I don't need the radio module working before?
From the videos I have seen they do work really good. I have a friend who put it in his C class and it works well haven't seen any issues with his. You just need to make sure the problem is the actual radio, if it is then getting a new one should fix it, upgrade or not.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
...They have suggested to search for an used unit or import a new one (iam from brazil).
Welcome to the CLA Forum pedrommone :)
a) Clarify...They are asking YOU to import one??
I don't appreciate their answer, seems to me that THEY should take care of that through their normal parts logistics procedure, if that's the only answer.
Suggest you check with another MB dealer.
__
b) You say that your aux battery is "half healthy."
Suggest you replace it first.
(Note lonebikerider comment #9 above.)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome to the CLA Forum pedrommone :)
a) Clarify...They are asking YOU to import one??
I don't appreciate their answer, seems to me that THEY should take care of that through their normal parts logistics procedure, if that's the only answer.
Suggest you check with another MB dealer.
__
b) You say that your aux battery is "half healthy."
Suggest you replace it first.
(Note lonebikerider comment #9 above.)
They suggested me because to import it due the pricing. The unit from dealership is cost almost R$ 60.000, importing it is like R$ 10.000, but I'll purchase a used one for like R$ 4.000.

Also about the battery, since the start stop is activating only after one hour driving, I need to replace it anyway.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts