Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This noise is happening to the Mercedes CLA 2014-2016 models, does anyone know what is causing this?, the belt and idler pulley and Tensioner all have been changed and the noise still there. Please comment on the video if you have the same problem or know the solution. This noise is on front passenger side only when the car is warm or hot. Here is a link to a video I posted on YouTube of the noise. https://youtu.be/58dBHMlTLMM

·
Registered
536 Posts
This noise is happening to the Mercedes CLA 2014-2016 models, does anyone know what is causing this?, the belt and idler pulley and Tensioner all have been changed and the noise still there. Please comment on the video if you have the same problem or know the solution. This noise is on front passenger side only when the car is warm or hot. Here is a link to a video I posted on YouTube of the noise. https://youtu.be/58dBHMlTLMM
To much oil at some point that messed up the crankcase ventilation and the engine has to much pressure in the crankcase and it is making the crankshaft seal bulge out touching the crankshaft pulley. Had this happen to mine. When it is making that noise take the oil cap off and the noise will stop and as soon as you put it back on it will start again.

The dealer had to replace the whole pcv valve and the intake tube on mine. They have to remove the passenger hub assembly to replace the Crankcase vent tube. Here is a video of mine.

https://youtu.be/DXm4Skm7D_g

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,803 Posts
Geewhiz I know these motors are touchy and oh so many items have to be within spec
So these many reports of oil overfilling is disturbing
If its the dealer techs they should at least do a cold stick check before releasing the car
For diy its a no brainer to do that check anyway if not just to admire ones handy work

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got an update, after changing the idler pulley and the tensioner the sound did not go away, I took my car to mercedes and they changed my AC compressor $2000.00usd including labor. and the noise has now stopped on my car, I will continue to monitor the issue but for now the noise is gone!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After changing the AC compressor the noise is back grrrrrr, I’m taking back to mercedes and update you guys later.

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Just based on the headline, I'd suggest: a gym membership for your wife?

Forgive me, I'm a bad person.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got the squeaking noise fixed at the Mercedes Benz of Delray, Florida this is normally caused by over filling the engine with oil. The issue was the crankshaft seal and the ventilation pipe. I have seen many CLA with this noise and this is very common. Do not! change your idler pulley, tensioner and belts that is not the problem. See my video link two of us got it fixed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got the squeaking noise fixed at the Mercedes Benz of Delray, Florida this is normally caused by over filling the engine with oil. The issue was the crankshaft seal and the ventilation pipe. I have seen many CLA with this noise and this is very common. Do not! change your idler pulley, tensioner and belts that is not the problem. See my video link two of us got it fixed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
To much oil at some point that messed up the crankcase ventilation and the engine has to much pressure in the crankcase and it is making the crankshaft seal bulge out touching the crankshaft pulley. Had this happen to mine. When it is making that noise take the oil cap off and the noise will stop and as soon as you put it back on it will start again.

The dealer had to replace the whole pcv valve and the intake tube on mine. They have to remove the passenger hub assembly to replace the Crankcase vent tube. Here is a video of mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just got word from the dealership about my CLA 250. I'm having the same exact issue since December 2019. As stated in your video it will start and stop. I had my car at the dealership 3 times and they changed the pulley belt and I was fortunate the tensioner and pulley was still in great condition. It's going to be expensive to repair but it has to be done. I plan to start alternating between my CLA and my G35 Coupe to keep the wear down on it. I sure wish I would've found this site back in December as it would've made things easier and I would be over the shock of the bill by now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts