Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new Cla is missing the 64 color ambient light package. And there isnt even a stock ambient lightning like it was on the old Cla. Pretty dissapointed i thought all the new ones had the 64 color as standard. Damn Mercedes cheapskates.

What to do? Can i install it aftermarket somehow?

·
Registered
9,702 Posts
My new Cla is missing the 64 color ambient light package. And there isnt even a stock ambient lightning like it was on the old Cla. Pretty dissapointed i thought all the new ones had the 64 color as standard. Damn Mercedes cheapskates.

What to do? Can i install it aftermarket somehow?
what??? there has to be some base ambient ... nothing in the cluster menus???

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
if you have the switch on the top console where the sunroof switch is to the furthest right position almost all the ambient led lights turn off. Just trying to take a stab in the dark.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The ambient lighting is only available in the top top package, which is very mean like our friend said at the beginning a standard 1 colour would have been a nice touch.. I'm looking to find a tech person who can maybe override or bypass the system...!!

If anyone has any info that would be appreciated.. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I honestly thought all Mercedes has those lights standard. You are talking about the ones in the headrest footwells and the door pulls on the inside of the car?

·
Registered
4 Posts
The ambient lighting is only available in the top top package, which is very mean like our friend said at the beginning a standard 1 colour would have been a nice touch.. I'm looking to find a tech person who can maybe override or bypass the system...!!

If anyone has any info that would be appreciated.. Thank you.
I'm not sure what you mean by override or bypass the system? If you don't have the option then the lights physically are not there - it's not just a case of them not being active.

I feel for anyone who has bought a car and it's missing something you expected as there isn't much you can do, but I also can't understand anyone who would make such an expensive purchase in life and not do the research into what you're getting. Not sure which region you are in, but in the UK you need Premium package or above for ambient lighting.

Anyway, I'm sure you will still enjoy the car!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts