Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’m the new owner of a premium plus 220 CLA, however there seems to be a few features missing in this U.K. model which I’ve seen in several reviews and also in the handbook.

-The Heads Up Display is mentioned numerous times in the manual, yet doesn’t seem to feature in my mode? Is there any reason why the U.K. model omits a HUD?

-There’s seems to be less camera views when reversing, e.g no views from the side and no view from overhead

- There’s is no seat cooling option

-The inside Ambient lighting seem a lot less brighter than in several video reviews?

Can anyone explain why these aren’t present in the U.K. model of the CLA, or is it just my version specifically?

·
Registered
440 Posts
do you have all these options? Head up, seat cooling? Did you turn the brightness of the ambilight all the way up?!

i‘am pretty sure you don‘t have 360 cam ;-) only reverse.... check it by pressing the cam button on the left of the touchpad and there should be every cam if you have 360 (front, left/right, rear and wide view)

this is mine turned all the way up
88F4DBBA-1DAF-46EE-B2E9-B088CBBECEF6.jpeg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And yeah none of those options were a configurable choice in the U.K.! I’d assumed they just came as standard :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On a separate note, you wouldn’t happen to see this warning sign every time you turn the car on?

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Are there still ambient lights under the head rest?

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
@Yoshi !!
How have you been?
I’m been ok. Much better lately. Glad to see you original 2014 CLA owners are mostly all here!!

The new 2020 model is a better car technically but it somehow lacks the charm of the original. Or I’m just getting older ;)

·
Registered
9,835 Posts
I’m been ok. Much better lately. Glad to see you original 2014 CLA owners are mostly all here!!
The new 2020 model is a better car technically but it somehow lacks the charm of the original. Or I’m just getting older ;)
Yup we are still chuggin along!
Despite how much I would like to say you are advancing in your years ... yeah the original just has that little something the new one lacks

·
Registered
6 Posts
And yeah none of those options were a configurable choice in the U.K.! I’d assumed they just came as standard :(
I honestly can’t comprehend how anyone can spend so much money on a new car and NOT be completely aware of what spec it comes with!

Different countries have different options available - for example in the UK all CLAs come as AMG Line, whereas in other European countries the non AMG line versions are available as well.

The UK CLA offering is extremely streamlined - presumably to simplify production, so as you have found out, heads up display and seat cooling are not available.

Really not sure why you would assume they would just come with the car when they are not listed anywhere in your configuration.

In terms of your ambient lights, they do look a little dim, particularly in the first pic. The 2nd pic seems better but it is really difficult to tell and compare against other pictures as the light surrounding the car could be different. Best bet would be to go to Mercedes and do a side by side comparison.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts