Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've had my aircon serviced by an independant garage and expected them to reset the air con service reminder but they can't.
So every day i get a service reminder, which increases by 1 day every day.

Is there a way of resetting the air con service reminder?

Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
3 Posts
Maybe the dealer can reset it. Hm, that is annoying, I know, man. Ok, I have done this before, so I can help you: 1) Insert the key into the Mercedes ignition and turn the ignition cylinder to the "2" position. This is as far as the cylinder will go without cranking the engine; 2) Press and hold the defrost and recirculated air buttons simultaneously. The defrost button has three lines going through it, while the recirculated air button has a picture of a car with a curved line through it. Hold these buttons down for about five to 10 seconds, or until the LED lights on both buttons start flashing; 3) Wait 45 to 60 seconds for the LED lights to stop flashing. Then turn off the car; Wait 60 seconds and then start the car engine again. That's it. I began to understand more about air conditioners after socool.sg came to me to fix a regular air conditioner in the house.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Erm I think that you should bring it back to the person that serviced your car as they may have connected the wire wrongly. The warning could also mean that there are other issues that are not solved? Either that or you can try resetting the wires yourself if you know some parts of your car. I engaged lkbrothers.com for any air con problems that I had and they are very efficient.

·
Registered
1 Posts
To off the service reminder I have a feeling you have to connect the wires back properly. Unless there are other issues with your air con that has not been solved yet that is why your car is lighting up. I read some articles on DIY air con servicing that may help you with this problem. For me I had to reconnect some wires and the problems if my air con turning on and off by itself was solved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts