Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys has the title says I have a cla 250 petrol from 2015 low miles 70km

So here I was driving from the grocery shop chill and puff the temperature bar goes crazy 120° but wait it doesnt stop there like really crazy keeps going up and down from 90 to 100 after 90 and then 120 ( now I drive like 100m and it goes straight to 120°)
I stoped obviously etc etc
Went to mercedes here in Luxembourg and for my surprise they don't know what's going on (they checked the obvious things like thermostat) so they wanna just change everything and they gave me an estimative of like 6 thousand euros 👀🤣

The car itself ;
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate
Guys I need your help, what should I do 😅
If you need more info please let me know and I'll gladly tell you all I know

·
Registered
2016 CLA 250 2.0L 4matic
53 Posts
When you say your temperature shot up to 120, did you mean oil temp or water temp? I know some of the earlier model year CLAs had water pump issues.

Also do you know what's included in that 6000 euro bill? And what conclusions MB Luxembourg came to regarding the issue?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Water temp ahaha srry dude
I'll show the paps the guys at mercedes gave me basically 3 paps (factures)
They told me the engine was to much pressure 🤔

Btw the papers are in French & German 😅 hope you can understand something of it

Wh
Handwriting Font Material property Parallel Pattern
en you say your temperature shot up to 120, did you mean oil temp or water temp? I know some of the earlier model year CLAs had water pump issues.

Also do you know what's included in that 6000 euro bill? And what conclusions MB Luxembourg came to regarding the issue?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hello all,

Well, the first thing I would do is a new coolant and a new pressure cap? Mine had a jumping needle and if fix that problem, since without good pressure the coolant temperature coverage is much less. Did it get any hotter by driving or at idle? You can have lots of questions, but like I said those two things fixed it for me in the hot and the cold, nothing below 32 degrees here yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.