Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suddently my CLA started stalling or reseting when ever it goes into the start stop at a red light. The car shuts off the engine and when i take the foot off the break it completely shuts off the car and resets the dash. Then i get a service warning and i have to pitnthe car in parm and restart. The only way it doeant happen its if i shut off the start stop button. Has this happened to anyone?

·
Registered
9,972 Posts
Maybe its just the aux battery going bad
If not then the service teams will need to see what error codes are stored
Turn off eco for now until fixed lest you kill the main battery as well

·
Registered
121 Posts
Gonna agree with JMC here, i had a lot of weird issues going on that were sort of similar to what you're describing (a little bit different circumstances) took it to the dealer and the aux battery was "low voltage" i guess it was going bad somehow.
Would cause my car to randomly shut off/force neutral, throw up transmission errors/service warnings until i turned it off/on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just ran into this issue on my way to pick up my kid from school. Same exact thing. Turned off the start stop and it stopped happening. I got a check engine light, the don't shift gears message, but with the start stop off car wasn't stalling anymore. Got the kid drove home and headed to my buddy's shop to have the code read, however when I turned the car on the check engine light was gone. I did get the ODB reader and it showed a code of p060a. I'm hoping it's something as simple as the battery as i've driven several miles with the start stop turned off with no problems and light hasn't came back.

Quick google search shows the code as some sort of PCM issue which sounds scary. What ended up being the problem on your car? I have a 2015 CLA 250, i'm thinking about going out and see if I can recreate the problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So went out recreated the same problem and sure enough at a long red light with the Start Stop activated the car just stalled same warning message but no check engine light this time. I assume it was because I didn't put my foot on the peddle to wake the car up. Other than that car is operating normally so long as I turn off the Start Stop. As soon as I get a chance i'm gonna run the batteries over and get them tested, or I may just buy the aux battery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This morning I went to warm the car up for the commute to work and I immediately get a message saying there was a “auxiliary battery malfunction” or something along those lines. So looks like it’s pointing towards that. I’ll swap it out in the next day or two.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts