Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CLA 250 4matic
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, so I just installed a spacer and intake and now I have a check engine light on. Mind you I have no mechanic experience. I installed the spacer a few days ago, but I don't recall seeing the light come on. After installing the intake yesterday, when I was driving today I noticed it on. I'm assuming if I installed these pieces correctly, everything should be fine. My first instinct is to just remove everything, see that the light turns off, and let a professional do it, but I want to ensure there's nothing simple I'm missing, e.g. resetting the ECU. I drove for about 10 minutes last night after installing the intake, getting up to about 80 mph, so I think that's enough time to "cycle" the car (or whatever it's called).

I tried my best to ensure the tubing is tight around the air inlets, but it's kind of difficult to perfect it. Would something like this cause an issue? As in, if not enough air was making it to the turbo. What's the likelihood a spacer would cause the light to come on? I'm going to try and purchase an OBD scanner to read the codes, but I'm broke as hell right now. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Welcome to the CLA Forum @RyanB:)
Agree with your approach, checking for codes is always the best 1st step.
AutoZone will do it for free, ( call ahead due to COVID ), and maybe the issue is unrelated to the work you performed.

·
Registered
2014 CLA 250 4matic
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the CLA Forum @RyanB:)
Agree with your approach, checking for codes is always the best 1st step.
AutoZone will do it for free, ( call ahead due to COVID ), and maybe the issue is unrelated to the work you performed.
Did not know that. Will do. Thanks. I'll update this thread with my findings.

·
Registered
2014 CLA 250 4matic
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, not to my knowledge. The install calls for unplugging the ECU and a harness which I've re-connected. We'll see what the codes are tomorrow.

·
Registered
11,781 Posts
Long shot ... though how long were the ecu and harness connections left exposed? Or were they taped up?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I meant to say one of the sensors on air flow, boost presure. It is hard to say without a code. I am waiting for my air intake delayed until november now

·
Registered
2014 CLA 250 4matic
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, so here the codes. Mechanic suggested I clear the codes and let the car relearn it's new configuration. Unfortunately, I couldn't do it right then and there. Is this good advice? After all if the codes come back I can just uninstall everything. Is this a common thing after an intake install? Lastly, after driving today, the car has absolutely no acceleration. You can tell something is wrong. Is this just an expected result of these codes being thrown, where I can expect this to go away?

·
Registered
11,781 Posts
retrace the oem uninstall and new install
might be something simple like a kinked hose loose clamp small radius harness point etc

·
Registered
184 Posts
Did you get this fixed The error code shows that high voltage is being send over 5v I guess wrong stuff got plugged in, or maybe there is short after moving harness

1 - 11 of 11 Posts