Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just found this out and thought I could share. For those of you who find the auto start function annoying because of the engine shutting of at the least stop.
You can do this, the auto start stop kicks in only when you fully depress your brake pedal. If you push it down halfway it doesn’t kick in because the car is smart enough to assume it’s not a completely stop needed by the driver. Found this useful and it’s actually no more annoying for me. You can try this too if you didn’t know

·
Premium Member
13,243 Posts
to alleviate constant over pressure, after a complete stop i ease off on the brake pedal until just enough to hold the car still
however i keep a hawk eye on the rearview as thats presuming no one does a rear end and pushes my car into the next up front, or worse (if at the line) into an intersection with an 18 wheeler barreling across
this is where the rear brake hold can be useful
in perfect circumstances this trick should work ... though just tapping the eco button (or setting) is another :cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I feel like this is a good place to ask this without starting a new thread because it's related...I bought my car a few months ago in April, I've drove it on occasion but not full time. I'm just now starting to see the Eco Start Stop indicator pop up on the display sometimes when I stop. Could it be because I hadn't been fully depressing the brake this whole time? The shop I visit mentioned it might be time to look at brakes in the near future, so maybe they're worn to the point I have to depress the pedal more? Guess I was just a little taken back when it finally started kicking off and on because I thought it had already been functioning as it should. This is my first car with this feature.

·
Premium Member
13,243 Posts
eco engages when the system says it's ok to
lots of parameters and restrictions
if it's working count your blessings your batteries and software are good
of course you can turn it off -- like most of us prefer :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice, was just concerned with it being inconsistent I suppose. It seems to have a mind of its own as far as when it wants to engage. I just replaced the auxiliary battery about two months ago so should be no issues with that either - not sure if the eco operates off of that battery or not.

·
Premium Member
13,243 Posts
main and aux voltage rails (under load) govern our cars thats just the way it is with these computers on wheels

1 - 6 of 6 Posts