Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this thread should definiely be stickied. First project de-badge the numbers on the back of the car. Any ideas on new AMG Emblems with the AMG signature and letters 45 ?:mblogoblack:

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I think this thread should definiely be stickied. First project de-badge the numbers on the back of the car. Any ideas on new AMG Emblems with the AMG signature and letters 45 ?:mblogoblack:
Don't misrepresent what you drive. You will look like a tool to enthusiasts. Granted you will pull it off to the rest of the public. SMH. If you want the Amg buy it, don't be a fraud.

Sent from my iPhone using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
331 Posts
I think we should have a sticky but not with that DIY. ick!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't misrepresent what you drive. You will look like a tool to enthusiasts. Granted you will pull it off to the rest of the public. SMH. If you want the Amg buy it, don't be a fraud.

I understand where you're coming from but then again easy on the fraud there. My CLA came with stock AMG Rims and Sport pkg AMG brakes. Surely the dealers wouldn't have made some the Sports packages come that way just to be frauds themselves. By the way all I did was ask so please don't make assumptions.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I understand where you're coming from but then again easy on the fraud there. My CLA came with stock AMG Rims and Sport pkg AMG brakes. Surely the dealers wouldn't have made some the Sports packages come that way just to be frauds themselves. By the way all I did was ask so please don't make assumptions.
You're right. By your logic if you buy a 335 with the M sport pkg or an A4 S line than you should be able to debadge and then turn said car into an M3 or an S4 because..... Yeah sorry about the fraud. I'll just keep it at misrepresentation.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I believe if you get AMG emblems would be ok, but if you put AMG 45 then it won't look so good.

my 2 cts.

D.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think we should have a sticky but not with that DIY. ick!
Very clever... you deserve 2 cookies. I don't want these threads to end up turning into a place where we let steam off. Again Just be understanding, offer a mature opinion and let's help each other out because at the end of the day you do own a Benz.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still debating, but I'm 100% sure I'll be keeping only the CLA badge while removing the 255 just to keep them guessing.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Very clever... you deserve 2 cookies. I don't want these threads to end up turning into a place where we let steam off. Again Just be understanding, offer a mature opinion and let's help each other out because at the end of the day you do own a Benz.
I agree about the threads. I apologize if I rubbed you the wrong way, that was and is my opinion whether you feel it's mature or not. I personally think misrepresenting a model is wrong.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
You're right. By your logic if you buy a 335 with the M sport pkg or an A4 S line than you should be able to debadge and then turn said car into an M3 or an S4 because..... Yeah sorry about the fraud. I'll just keep it at misrepresentation.

"Turn" the car ...are you telling me that one letter can change the car now ? That's like saying stripes add HP. I'm stubborn in the argument because this car was special. It has the 200hp engine but with the 45 body and I'm not talking about the sports pkg body but the actual CLA 45 body with the front carbon fiber lip, rear CLA 45, striped skirt and etc....EXCEPT the engine which is the smaller 200 and am happy with. It was 1300 extra for 45 kit but they left the CLA 250 badge which definitely looks weird. I'm taking off the 250 and leaving it CLA. Thanks for the inputs

·
Registered
331 Posts
I was actually saying "ick" as in gross. Not as bad as below but still. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380682163.721412.jpg haha. Hey man! Your money, your car. In the words of digital underground. "Do What you like"

Reactions: milazzo

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
"Turn" the car ...are you telling me that one letter can change the car now ? That's like saying stripes add HP. I'm stubborn in the argument because this car was special. It has the 200hp engine but with the 45 body and I'm not talking about the sports pkg body but the actual CLA 45 body with the front carbon fiber lip, rear CLA 45, striped skirt and etc....EXCEPT the engine which is the smaller 200 and am happy with. It was 1300 extra for 45 kit but they left the CLA 250 badge which definitely looks weird. I'm taking off the 250 and leaving it CLA. Thanks for the inputs
Whatever bro. Do what you gotta do. Keep em guessing. Roflmao.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
I don't understand misrepresenting your car. I get de-badging. I get adding body mods, new rims, etc. What's the point in advertising your car to be something it isn't though? It isn't a 45 and, right or wrong, people who know will likely mock or laugh at someone trying to pass it off as something it isn't. It's no different than that picture of the Accord with the three pointed star. Besides, those who don't know probably won't care and the few who are impressed by it aren't people you should care to impress. Be happy with what you've got. It looks awesome and if you de-badge or leave the 250 on the deck lid nobody will ever call you a poseur.

Just my $.02,

-Eric

1 - 20 of 51 Posts